1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been training, shooting and carrying Colt 1911's for as long as I can remember and have several that I use on a regular basis. Several years ago I walked into my LGS and low and behold they had just gotten in a new Colt Rail Gun that came home with me. Very nice firearm but I found that I still either carry my Combat Commander or my Combat Elite more then anything else. When I bought the RG my then 17 year old son fell in love with it and I informed him that not to worry someday it would be his along with everything else, HaHa.
Coming up to date my now 21 year old son who is now in the Marine Corps approached me and said "Dad how much money to sell me the RG"? I replied that I might give it to him "someday" but that I would never sell it to him. I then informed him to have some patience but left it open ended as far as when I might crook and he would then have it passed on to him. HaHa. I just was not ready, at that time, to part with it.
Well guess what he's getting this week as an early Christmas present?
Good-by (sort of) Rail Gun.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
That's awesome ! It truly is better to give than receive

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is nothing like Colt's being passed down from Father To Son.

It's a right of passage, also a new tradition in my family.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I've been training, shooting and carrying Colt 1911's for as long as I can remember and have several that I use on a regular basis. Several years ago I walked into my LGS and low and behold they had just gotten in a new Colt Rail Gun that came home with me. Very nice firearm but I found that I still either carry my Combat Commander or my Combat Elite more then anything else. When I bought the RG my then 17 year old son fell in love with it and I informed him that not to worry someday it would be his along with everything else, HaHa.
Coming up to date my now 21 year old son who is now in the Marine Corps approached me and said "Dad how much money to sell me the RG"? I replied that I might give it to him "someday" but that I would never sell it to him. I then informed him to have some patience but left it open ended as far as when I might crook and he would then have it passed on to him. HaHa. I just was not ready, at that time, to part with it.
Well guess what he's getting this week as an early Christmas present?
Good-by (sort of) Rail Gun.
Very nice gesture but is it really necessary to turn to a life of crime? Just give the gift and remain legit.

Sorry, the devil made me do it.:dope:

·
Registered
435 Posts
The sacrifices we make scout1.

Your son was obviously raised correctly and has good taste in such things.

Kudos to you both sir.

May your gifted Colt be "Always Faithful" as I'm sure it will be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts