1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware!!!
Someone is making the rounds on the gun forums, offering to sell something for $200.
They are PM’ing or emailing.

On this forum I got a message from ‘Alondrapawns’ to sell 45 brass, and from a Sig forum a different user name, with ‘doc’ in it.
It seems to be forums that use this same Mobile format.

·
Administrator
882 Posts
If you think it's suspicious, use the Report function and alert the staff. It will allow them to see the contents of the PM as well

Kevin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fraud alert

Postings selling items by [email protected] are fraud... tried to sell me a checkering jig and wanted money order or check. It was strange how everything came about, so I never sent money. Told the person I will only do face to face transaction. Sent me a phony address and phone number from Tampa FL. when the person claimed to live in my same home state and about 45 minutes away from me. I looked up address and it does not exists. That person was temporarily a member in this site under the name of pointblanc ((https://forums.1911forum.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=292004 ).
And of course that person will never answer the phone (727) 286-2507
Please make others aware of this scammer....

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I’m not a brass buyer but experienced scamming for magazines earlier this year. TxSlade got to me for $200. I drove to his LKA in Tyler, TX. He skipped on his landlord there. I will find him...In person.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This guy johnny007 responded to my WTB ad via PM

colt Commander slide

Hi you can hit up John on his email address he has what you want [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts