1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
First off the picture wont load,,with out knowing things like the terrain,, amount of ammo,,available shooting points, preparation around the house( booby traps,early warning, final line of defense[foo-gas}) things like that,, a realistic answer is impossible. I have thought about it before though and having been in real defensive situations before, I have a good idea of how to set up a defensive postion. But I sure hope it never comes to that, because contrary to movies, the bad guys do ocassionally hit their targets too, (wife,child,friend etc)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'll play anyway assuming all things equal out side. My brother and I would split the winchester and remeington assuming we're both the most experienced. This permits us to touch targets as far away as possible before getting close enought to use their shotguns and pistols effectively. My wife would get the ar15( already knows how to use ti, my brothers wife the 10/22(ease of use) and my son the 870. My brother and I would get the 45's and my wife the glock. my son the 357 and his son the 32. the 2 youngest kids would be for reloading. I would then split the house in two between my brother and I. He would get bedrooms 1,2,3,dining room and great room,, I would get whats left minus the garage. It is indefensible as is and since I would have known this was comming, would have fortified it and set up military or home made claymores.Maybe even take down a wall or two. definitely needs some modificaion to defend. Since this is ww3 there is no need for martha stewart and i would put "doorways" between each room to make easy access from room to room along the perimeter of the house. The safe room would be the kitchen but I realize it would have to be strengthened and maybe some sand bag walls. Placement would be trickey not knowing the terrain and skills of family. Also assuming block walls.( if not then reinforced with sand bags) My brother and I would NOT be placed but used to monitor our "sectors" and lend support to any areas that become "weak". I could go on in more detail but it's getting late and I'm getting to that age where I use my time ane energy sparingly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.