1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some slight problems with my astigmatic eye and Eotech and Aimpoint sights, I am considering a regular riflescope for my 6920.

What mount do you folks with experience recommend? I would like something that is QD. Thinking on the lines of a Leupold scope, wouldn't mind some scope options as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
If you want QD, I would recommend LaRue, American Defense, or Bobro. All are excellent.
I have no experience with Bobro. But they get good reviews from folks I pay some attention to.

Scope depends on intended use. But leupold has good offerings for almost any purpose.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Having some slight problems with my astigmatic eye and Eotech and Aimpoint sights, I am considering a regular riflescope for my 6920.

What mount do you folks with experience recommend? I would like something that is QD. Thinking on the lines of a Leupold scope, wouldn't mind some scope options as well.

Thanks!
Considering you feel an astigmatism is an issue, the mount isn't really important. Glass is. Pick the mount after you find a good working piece of glass.

I see clusters with dot scopes; I don't have an issue with reticles. So I think I may be like you. A scope I have found to be great on the AR is the Nikon M223 1-4x20mm. Comes with different reticles, heavy but not abusively so. Leupold makes a similar kit. There are a huge number of mounts that fit both, QD or not.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If my experience is worth anything, I'd say stop at a local-type place where you can see several different options at the same time before making a decision. I have done the "buy it online and try it" thing only to sell off 3 scopes before landing on the Vortex PST that I have now and love. If you don't think you're going to be switching back and forth between the scope and some other optic, than a QD mount isn't really worth paying for - stick with a good set of rings. As for the scope itself, you usually get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have a Burris Tac30 in an ADM scoutX mount. Awesome combination.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I am running the LaRue LT104 quick detachable on my CAR A3. Works great for its intended purpose although the scope almost never gets removed. That is the mount I am going to use in my LMT M4 when I get around to mounting a scope on it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a LaRue Tactical LT104 QD scope mount that I use with my Colt carbines and a LMT carbine, I'm just temporarily using my Nikon 3-9X40 hunting scope with it but I'm planning on getting a Leupold (Colt logo marked) from Colt's consumer website, they have three Leupold VX series models available there.

The LaRue model LT104 have also a non QD option which is their VFZ mount $50 less than their QD version, you just use the LaRue little wrench and it have the same excellent return to zero as the QD mount.

Other good QD mounts I have heard from my shooting buddies are the Bobro and American Defense.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
The Burris P.E.P.R is a low cost scope mount that sets the scope at the proper height for AR's. I have 2 of them and they work pretty well.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The PEPR is a decent one as well as the SWFA SSALT. The SSALT does not come in QD though if that is an issue.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have a LaRue Tactical LT104 QD scope mount that I use with my Colt carbines and a LMT carbine, I'm just temporarily using my Nikon 3-9X40 hunting scope with it but I'm planning on getting a Leupold (Colt logo marked) from Colt's consumer website, they have three Leupold VX series models available there.

The LaRue model LT104 have also a non QD option which is their VFZ mount $50 less than their QD version, you just use the LaRue little wrench and it have the same excellent return to zero as the QD mount.

Other good QD mounts I have heard from my shooting buddies are the Bobro and American Defense.
And LaRue is the only maker out there who sent a Christmas card to my house this year.

Nothing from LMT
Nothing from BCM
Nothing from Troy Industries
Nothing from Browning
Nothing from Kimber
Nothing from Magpul
Nothing from Colt
Nothing from Sig

·
Registered
685 Posts
Another vote for LaRue
LaRue also sends a bottle of their dry rub mix, bumper stickers about God bless our troops especially our snipers, and a bottle opener with their shipment.. Heck I've even gotten a couple of their ball caps in some of my orders.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks,

My local GS is pretty much a desert regards AR accessories. I'm concentrating on the mount, as I know I want it to be QD. Sounds like the LaRue LT104 is winning the vote.

Shopping for scopes is easier and there is no shortage of fine ones around. Most of my shooting would be confined to 200 yards max. I have no trouble seeing regular "crosshairs", it's those damn pixilated red "reticles" that seem to flare out so I can't get a reliable point of aim unless I squint just right.

When I inquired about the Vortex brand locally, I was told they were "new" and there wasn't very long "track record" on them. I've had a couple different Leupold scopes and they were always fine performers. Just so darn many options.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Thanks,

My local GS is pretty much a desert regards AR accessories. I'm concentrating on the mount, as I know I want it to be QD. Sounds like the LaRue LT104 is winning the vote.

Shopping for scopes is easier and there is no shortage of fine ones around. Most of my shooting would be confined to 200 yards max. I have no trouble seeing regular "crosshairs", it's those damn pixilated red "reticles" that seem to flare out so I can't get a reliable point of aim unless I squint just right.

When I inquired about the Vortex brand locally, I was told they were "new" and there wasn't very long "track record" on them. I've had a couple different Leupold scopes and they were always fine performers. Just so darn many options.
vortex is excellent, id take my vortex over my previous nikon or my leupold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts