1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found it. Not perfect, would have prefered fixed sights, but oh well. Close enough. $550 out the door, which means retail about $514. Pics to follow if I can get my computer to cooperate. Came with a Wilson mag and the Kimber box. I prefer the CMC Powermags, but hey, the Wilson's better than the factory Kimber.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures as promised
As I bought it

Full length guide rod it came with

GI guide rod & plug I got for $10 at the show

And the most important part NO DAMN "II" MARKING!

Now, anybody want to sell me a heinie fixed sight to replace the adjustable? And, does kimber use a proprietary adjustable sight cut, or is it a bomar cut?

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Nice find. Kimber uses their own cut for their adjustable sights. Some sight manufacturers make sights to fit the Kimber adjustable cut. Heinie does make a fixed slant pro sight that fits the Kimber adjustable cut.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kruzr said:
Nice find. Kimber uses their own cut for their adjustable sights. Some sight manufacturers make sights to fit the Kimber adjustable cut. Heinie does make a fixed slant pro sight that fits the Kimber adjustable cut.
any idea of some other makers besides heinie?

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Nice find!. I saw recently a Classic Custom, series I at the gun show for $549, but I'd already bought my LWT Commander 30 minutes before.:(

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Oh yeah, here's my Target Model.

(I have GOT to do some new pics.:p ;) )

Attachments

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BrianMajors said:
Nice find!. I saw recently a Classic Custom, series I at the gun show for $549, but I'd already bought my LWT Commander 30 minutes before.:(
that's really what I wanted, but I am tired of looking around. This was/is close enough. I just need to get rid of the adjustable sight.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from test-firing. Perfection! Little bit of adjustment to the sight and I was banging away spot-on (when I wasn't jerking the trigger that is). Ran flawlessly with the Wilson mag it came with, my Powermags, and the Kimber factory mags from my TLE. Shot Winchester white box & funshow SWC flawlessly.

This is how I remember Kimber. Alas....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Which explains why your TLE II is on the sale block. :D

Congrats on a fine choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts