1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they arrive at the scoring % points in a classifying stage?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you referring to USPSA?

If so, they maintain a national database of all of the classifers and all of the individual results for each of them. Basically the highest hit factors are looked at to determine the 100% (there is some process involved, but I forget). After that is established. your hit factor is compared to the 100% hit factor and expressed as a percentage.

Hope that's sort of clear.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
If I might try to clarify a little. The hit factor is the "points per second" number that is calculated like during a match. The highest hit factors, in the nation, are averaged to arrive at the "high hit factor". Your hit factor is divided by the "high hit factor", and then multiplied by 100 to arrive at the Classifier percentage for your score.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can I look that up?

If I know which classifyer I will be shooting can I look the High hit factor" up somewhere to determine what score I have to make to arrive at a certain %?
Where can I see this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So it's graded on a curve, to use Schoolspeak?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,305 Posts
It ends up looking that way. As an example, A-class is 75%-85% of the best scores on record, and A-class shooters make up about 15% of all classified shooters. The lower classes are represented in larger numbers and lower percentages, and the opposite is true of the higher classes, but there is no curve. The percentages required for each class has remained constant. Every shooter could be a Grand Master, if they practiced enough, had enough time and money to travel, got free ammo, someone else to take the kids to soccer tournaments, etc. :)

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Every shooter could be a Grand Master, if they practiced enough, had enough time and money to travel, got free ammo, someone else to take the kids to soccer tournaments, etc. :)
And a little hand eye coordination:biglaugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts