1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1987 Scott Meadows published U.S. Military Holsters and Pistol Cartridge Boxes. It is the canonical work on the subject matter with really no peer. It has been out of print for many years, hard to find on the used market and expensive when a copy could be found. His revised version, slightly re-titled, is now out. With nearly 30 years of additional research, U.S. Military Holsters and Related Accoutrements is again without peer. The 1987 book was 432 pages. The new one is 836 pages. It weighs about 5 lbs! Highly recommended. Here is a quick (and poor) picture comparison:

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Wow, that revised version is a tome. How much did shipping cost you on that book? I also own the first version and enjoy the book immensely. Thanks for the heads up. I will add the revised version to my shelf as well.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Great news but why didn't you give a link where to order it? Did a search on Google and can't find where to ordered it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are literally just off the boat. It will be another week or two before they are available from the usual sources.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Last night I did an internet search and found a copy for sale for $100. Became occupied with other matters and forgot about the book and went to bed. This morning the copy is sold. Probably one of the readers of this thread scooped it up! While $100 for a book like that is not much money, I hope the prices drop some when the books hit the distributors.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Where did you order from /
Last night I did an internet search and found a copy for sale for $100. Became occupied with other matters and forgot about the book and went to bed. This morning the copy is sold. Probably one of the readers of this thread scooped it up! While $100 for a book like that is not much money, I hope the prices drop some when the books hit the distributors.

I did a google search and found it at IDSA Arms Books:http://www.idsabooks.com/

I bought it and got a confirmation email. When I went back to grab the link to post it here, it was sold out. Sorry Piexcel!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Meadows new book

I purchased his three military pistol books directly from Scott. He was very prompt in shipping. When he published his last book he sent me an order form in the mail but I haven't gotten anything about this book, at least not yet.

[email protected]

·
Registered
738 Posts
I did a google search and found it at IDSA Arms Books:http://www.idsabooks.com/

I bought it and got a confirmation email. When I went back to grab the link to post it here, it was sold out. Sorry Piexcel!
I searched IDSA's website and could not find a listing for the book.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought my copy directly from Scott Meadows for $119 shipped.

I have barely had time to look through it since it came in the other day but I join Kevin in saying that there will likely never be another book on this subject with more depth and detail.

Recommended.

Regards,
Charlie Flick

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
That's because Melter942 beat us to the book!
I received an email from idsa books stating their shipment arrived damaged and the book was placed on backorder status.

I cancelled my order and contacted Scott directly. Book arrived today... autographed!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts