1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently noticed a small scratch on the front strap frame of my Experior caused by my ring. Is there any touch up out there to cover this?

·
Super Moderator
14,206 Posts
There are many such posts about "touch up" on blued or Cerakoted guns, as well as stainless in the gunsmithing sub-forum. A search there on "touch up" would likely bring many useful results.

Oh, and welcome to the 1911forum, and the Wilson sub-forum!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
It'll be the 1st of many, forget about it and enjoy the gun

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
If you use it, it'll inevitably pick up many more, some might be quite bad....I'd keep using it until it gets thoroughly worn and then, if it still bothers you, send it off for refinishing in a more durable DLC or nitrided finish. Sprayed on stuff just isn't that good in this day and age...You'll drive yourself nuts if you try to address each and every scratch

my ULC:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't worry about incidental wear. Any handgun that is truly "used" will have that. Look at those scratches and finish wear as "character." I have a Colt Government from 1976 that the blue finish is extremely worn...it looks beautiful.

·
Registered
517 Posts
After I left a mark on a Nighthawk with my wedding ring I gave up wearing it. It was the only ring I have ever worn. I tried to remember to take it off before cleaning my firearms but always forgot.

·
Super Moderator
13,351 Posts
The original poster has not been online since his initial post.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had my wedding ring on less than a week before I somehow slammed a door and the ring flattened to the point where it took a pair of padded jaw pliers to re-shape and get it off. A couple of weeks later I received a shock while doing some electrical work.
Love my wife of 53 years but even she endorsed the no ring for me.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
He wasn't getting the answers he wanted?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Meh.......he probably is just learning how tough wedding rings can be on acquiring all the guns a man wants. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts