1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new CQB and it has scratches on the trigger. If you pull the trigger in all the way you can't see them. It's accentuated because it's a black trigger. Is this ok? I know it's only cosmetic, but I paid alot of $$ for it too. Just curious. Thanks .

·
Registered
291 Posts
My Classic does the same, I think that all aluminum triggers do that as they scrape the steel that surrounds them. I will live with it, but if you really hate it you can change the trigger to a steel or carbon fiber trigger.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have the WC Sentinel and mine is also showing wear after less than half a case of ammo. I've seen a CQB and the CQB Compact and both had the same design flaw, if you want to call it that.

I've been told by one of the techs it's because of the extra tight tolerances. I guess there's a trade-off between looks and dependability. Wilson will choose dependability every time. I'm not complaining too much

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Originally posted by MPower:
My Classic does the same, I think that all aluminum triggers do that as they scrape the steel that surrounds them. I will live with it, but if you really hate it you can change the trigger to a steel or carbon fiber trigger.
MPower,
Replacing the trigger's not a bad idea. The weight gain would be negligible, not that I mind the added weight anyway. Unfortunately, my WC isn't made to specs like a lot of 1911's so I'm not sure if I have that option. I'll have to check.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Got the same problem on the trigger with my CQB Compact. Had it shaved and touched up, but still a problem. I guess I'll learn to live with it. It actually came to me like that. Guess it's a sign of using the thing, which isn't necessarily bad.

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called Wilson about it and they said the scratches were due to the tight tolerances and is considered normal wear. I guess I'll quit crying and go shoot the freakin thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a new Stainless Steel Protector. Paid $$$. Same problem, scratches on the trigger.
Only one side! Same response from Wilson. Love the gun!Got a new BMW. Paid $$$. No scratches. Love the car! Is this picture not right or am I to finicky?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe we should call them en mass. I feel the same way. I spent big change on mine and I expected it to be PERFECT when I received it. Are we to picky???

[This message has been edited by laxman (edited 01-18-2001).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mechanical device, moving parts. My CQB spends 8 plus hours a day in and out of a holster, exposed to the elements. Has been whacked on door frames, car fenders and the ground. Still feeds everything I put in it, goes bang every time I pull the trigger and shoots like a damn laser beam. You will get marks on the trigger, frame rails and hammer face, just gotta live with it and you will love that gun.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Deliverer: Your scratches are on one side because whoever shot it pulled or pushed the trigger to one side as he shot.

This is normal wear. All my triggers had wear on the left side and (amazingly) shot left. Worked on correcting my pull to straight back and now they have wear on both sides and shoot straight. Amazing!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Jiminca, your username sounds like a country
That comment about the wear on one side of the trigger, I practice with both hands, as I'm sure a lot of you do. Maybe that's why there's wear on both sides of my trigger. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts