1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gun was suppose to ship yesturday, but I checked today and they said that it will be sometime next week. Delayed again!

I asked what was done to the gun and they said the slide was replaced. That's great but the frame was also warped, rusted, and had areas where the bead blast was rubbed flat. I wanted to talk to a technician, but she said they went home already! Jesus! It took seven weeks to replace a damn slide!!!!
What a bunch of freaking amatures!!!

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Hey sean...
In the same line you mentioned "Jesus" and "damn". We're not supposed to be discussing religious issues here, nor is taking the Lord's name in vain appropriate. Just my 2cents.
Regards,
Sam

[This message has been edited by SamColtFan (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Agreed

and as the Lord built the heavens and the earth in 6 days, a 1911 repair would be a breeze
He invented the guy that invented the gun.

geo ><>

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Not to mention that you won't get a lot of sympathy here in the COLT forum!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let's not be so hard on him. A dissatisfied Springfield owner is a potential future satisfied Colt owner.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Hello sean, I hope everything works out ok on your Colt handgun. If you ever decide to get one!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Geeez...

Sean..to address your frustration:

Do what I did and dump your SA and get a Colt. You can't go wrong! I've never had a Colt break or not perform out of dozens ranging from the 1911, Detective sp, Python, Ar15's, Magnum Carry, etc.
And yes my son, you are forgiven.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I know that it's the "Colt" forum but since you brought it up, I have had great service from SA. However, I never rushed 'um.....And they did take longer than I thought they should have taken....All of them do don't they? I thought that they did!

So, the measure of service (how they rate against one another) is not whether they take longer than they should (since they all do that) but instead do they fix your firearm and return it in the expected condition? For me SA has done that exceedingly well. Debbie isn't as friendly and /or helpful as she used to be but..Hey, we all get tired of taking hits day in and day out.

PigPen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts