1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gun was suppose to ship yesturday, but I checked today and they said that it will be sometime next week. Delayed again!

I asked what was done to the gun and they said the slide was replaced. That's great but the frame was also warped, rusted, and had areas where the bead blast was rubbed flat. I wanted to talk to a technician, but she said they went home already! Jesus! It took seven weeks to replace a damn slide!!!!
What a bunch of freaking amatures!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, you should read all the gun rags on the news stand and know by now that Brazilian firearms manufacturers are above reproach.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by sean:
My gun was suppose to ship yesturday, but I checked today and they said that it will be sometime next week. Delayed again!

I asked what was done to the gun and they said the slide was replaced. That's great but the frame was also warped, rusted, and had areas where the bead blast was rubbed flat. I wanted to talk to a technician, but she said they went home already! Jesus! It took seven weeks to replace a damn slide!!!!
What a bunch of freaking amatures!!!

ouch on the no love at sa. those guys
need to know other possible customers
are seeing this and making discisions.
sa have been recomended to me twice in
the last week but i dont want to be
treated like a one gun no count nobody.
para has pretty fast turn around and
that was all it took to make me feel
special. i am not buying a sa too soon
and i am in the market. its just a job
to them its a passion for some of us.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
As much as I disagree with your feelings about SA quality overall, I do agree that 7 weeks is way to long to wait. If you've called them with the same concerns that you've posted on this forum, I'm surprised that they haven't sent you a new gun.

[This message has been edited by col132 (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
848 Posts
Go back to the Colt forum! You belong there!

------------------
O.K., My Turn

[This message has been edited by clark.45 (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Personally, it sounds like you want a Les Baer for 500 bucks. In a perfect world, this would be possible. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world and I'd rather have a $500 gun that works than one that is cosmeticly perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A friend of mine ordered The FBI model in July and plopped $1000 down on it. They have gone past thier dedline twice. The last time he went to the dealer they said something about January or February. I recomended that he look at something else and he got his money back. They got on the horn to Springfield and they used the excuse that the FBI ordered a bunch more... well for $500 less he probably could get into a Wilson for a lot shorter wait. I'm starting to believe that Springfield sucks!

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
Originally posted by lockandload3:
They got on the horn to Springfield and they used the excuse that the FBI ordered a bunch more... well for $500 less he probably could get into a Wilson for a lot shorter wait. I'm starting to believe that Springfield sucks!
Good. Maybe if your friend pulls his requirement, I'll get my second one a bit faster. Believe me, they are worth the wait.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Professional models go for over $2000.00. I do not see how paying half that amount would get a faster delivery. As far as Wilson goes $500.00 will NOT but any 1911 in their catalogue. You can get a nice Charles Daly at that price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I said he put $1000 down on it. The price of the pistol is $2400. I'm sure it is a nice pistol but since Springfield shined him twice already, what is the chance in February they say "sorry, you will have to wait another 6 months!" And you can pick up a nice Wilson for $1900. I'm just saying if a dealer calls Springfield and they make a commitment then they should stick too it.

[This message has been edited by lockandload3 (edited 10-29-2001).]

·
Registered
172 Posts
I recently got my Loaded Stainless back from SA after seven weeks of waiting, and I completely understand how you feel. I was given excuse after excuse, albeit in a friendly demeanor, as to cause of the delay. All I can suggest is to be patient. At least in my case, they returned the pistol in better shape than when I sent it out. That is not to say the pistol is now shooting sub one inch groups, but it definitely isn't bad for the $800 I spent on it. I'll probably have some more work done to it, but it's not because I didn't get what I paid for.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I should have my gun back tomorrow. From what I know, they replaced the slide, swapped the blued barrel for a stainless with a new bushing. They also said they refinished the frame instead of replacing it. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if they did a good job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts