1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a 1911, but I picked one of these up yesterday at Academy Sports for $289. I figure it will make a decent gun to leave in the truck. Took it to the range today. 50 rds of Fiocchi 115 ball with no FTF or FTE. 50 rds of lrn reloads with no FTF or FTE. The slide did not lock back after the last round with the reloads but was fine with the factory ammo. Slide to frame fit is very loose by 1911 standards but gun shot well. At 10 yards offhand groups showed about 1" of left to right spread with a good bit of vertical stringing which I attribute to my lack of familiarity with the trigger. I have ordered the Apex kit for the trigger,hopefully it will help. It came with 2 16 round magazines. I can only squeeze 15 in them currently, so I loaded them and put them on the shelf to see if that will help. Sights are 3 dot, nothing fancy but servicable. Overall, I found it to be quite a good value for the money.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I've shot 50 rounds out of my friends SD9VE. It is actually a very comfortable and controllable weapon. I would not be afraid to carry one.

The action is in no ways "smooth". Very rough racking the slide but it was 100 percent reilable and for SD the double action trigger is not too heavy. I could pull the trigger as fast as I could and keep all shots in torso at 5 yards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts