1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't remember if the SDS (Compact version of the Tac. Elite) is steel or not the catalog only states weight and it is only a few ounces lighter that the 5 inchers Wilson Produces.

Also who has shot one/ owns one and what do you think of them? ow are they for feild stripping? How does it hold up??

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
MPA249:
All current versions are carbon steel. However, up to a couple of years ago, they did make a LW Version (which may still be available in the used aftermarket).

·
Registered
56 Posts
My SDS (carbon steel version) is my favorite handgun that I own. I shoot better with it than I do with my 5 inch CQB and recoil is similar between them both. I have handled both the carbon steel and aluminum versions. The aluminum is of course much lighter but the steel just felt better in my hand. It is in my opinion the perfect concealed carry gun and the extra weight of the steel frame is no problem for all day carry as long as you invest in a good quality sturdy belt. Take down is quite simple with the supplied allen wrench though a little different than a standard 1911. I have fired all kinds of ammo through it without a single hiccup or problem of any kind.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Mine is a SDS built on a Colt Officer (steel). It is a wonderful gun :)

G

·
I have one of the LW SDS Stealths and LOVE it. I also have an all Stainless 5" Protector and was told Wilson no longer produces the aluminum framed version since the addition of the KZ series to the line, and all new versions are carbon steel. My LW Stealth is still my FAVORITE Wilson Combat. It is a natural for CCW. If you can find a good clean example I would very highly recommend one. Definitely NOT cheap, but a great shooting gun. I've attached a picture of both my Wilson's

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just bought some new grips for my Stealth so I thought I would post another pic.

Also wanted to say thanks for the help to the sales rep at New Albany Shooting range in Columbus, OH.

Attachments

G

·
Seijin said:
Just bought some new grips for my Stealth so I thought I would post another pic.

Also wanted to say thanks for the help to the sales rep at New Albany Shooting range in Columbus, OH.
Those look nice! I bought the Black double diamond wood grips for mine, like the standard grips for the (stock Tactical Super Grade Compact) for my LW Stealth. By the way I bought both my Wilson's at NASR too!! They really are great guys to deal with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts