1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new BulletProof sear spring in my Wilson 1996A2. It functioned perfectly from the box with no modifications.

My question is to what degree is the sear spring responsible for the weight trigger pull? It *seems* like I've now got a bit more than the 4.5 pounds the gun came with. But then, next to my friends new Kimber, it feels about on par weight wise, but a bit cleaner.

Any thoughts? Should I invest in a trigger pull gauge?

TIA

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Yes, the sear spring plays a part in pull weight. The left hand leaf exerts force on the sear, and the middle leaf exerts force on the disconnector/trigger bow. Fine tuning both of these leafs may get you closer to the pull weight you desire.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by shane45-1911:
Yes, the sear spring plays a part in pull weight.
...and further, reducing the mainspring from 23lbs to 19lbs reduces trigger pull by another pound. My Springfield went from 5 to 4 by doing this. If you decide to persue this, be very careful in attempting to remove the mainspring....you'll shoot your eye out! :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Originally posted by vapors750:
...and further, reducing the mainspring from 23lbs to 19lbs reduces trigger pull by another pound. My Springfield went from 5 to 4 by doing this. If you decide to persue this, be very careful in attempting to remove the mainspring....you'll shoot your eye out! :)
Vapors750: Good safety advice, we can never mention enough about wearing proper eye protection when working on firearms. Good tip for our woodby homesmiths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts