1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to buy an STI Trojan 9mm with the hard chrome finish and am having trouble locating one. Would like Dawson FO sights and Magwell. Would also prefer a new one. If you know of any dealer that might have one in stock please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I had seen that one but knew nothing of the outfit. That originalmetaloy is an interesting concept. Do you have any experience with it? How does it compare to the HC direct from STI? If its any good maybe that would be the route to go?

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Shooters Connection is excellent to work with, like I said, I bought my Tactical from them - can do all over the phone (except your FFL has to contact them with their license # for the transfer)

I had Metaloy "do" my Wife's Makarov pistol (and 2 mags) - very very high recommendation - I don't know how it compares with STIs - perhaps someone else can chime in but I'd say no difference. I'm trying to decide whether to have my Tactical or my Browning HP done by them. here's a pic of the Wife's Makarov >

·
Registered
199 Posts
IIRC STI doesn't hard chrome, they send it out... The STI rep should be able to confirm this. I had my Trojan sent the Accuarate Plating and have been extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the site for Metaloy, the one above takes me to eBay.

Orion1123, did you send your Trojan out because the finish wore badly or did you just want to do it. Do you have pictures you can post? Thanks

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
STI and hard chrome

Unless the prices have increased, ordering an STI gun with a hard chrome finish has always been an option for $300 extra. It is my understanding they use Accurate Plating and Weaponry.....J. Cogan.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Check with Bob or Ingi at Brazos Custom Gunworks. I bought a Trojan 9mm with ambi and magwell and custom trigger job. It was in Blue but did not ask about the HC finish. I ordered on a Thursday and he did the extra work and shipped it on the next Tuesday with 2 day shipping on ups and I got it in one day this past Wednesday.
I also got a High Performance Edge 40 Caliber in the HC finish just 30 days ago from him. It would be worth a phone call because what I bought was not on their website.
I love the HC finish.

·
Registered
443 Posts
IIRC STI doesn't hard chrome, they send it out... The STI rep should be able to confirm this. I had my Trojan sent the Accuarate Plating and have been extremely happy with it.
Confirmed- we do not do the actual hard chroming ourselves. We use a local vendor who does great work (I can't give you their name as they only do our pistols for us). We used Accurate Plating for a while- we don't anymore, but they also do nice work. (We always try to use local vendors as much as possible.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts