1911Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE

The young gentleman who sold me all the vintage ammo last year contacted me (see 1st post). He found more where the first batch came from.

This time he had a buddy drive him so he brought the whole thing in one lot.

There’s 1900 .30M1 Hirtenberg and Magtech

2380 .223 (Remington and 4 boxes Hirtenberg)

Some .38, .45, .458, 600 rds of Swiss 9mm

9 bricks of .22 plus 16 loose boxes

And two nice empty cans, one being a french 12.7

10580 rounds in total including 5200 .22lr

Cost was $ 1700.-

It’s nice to have guns, it’s even nicer to have guns & ammo!

·
Registered
Trumark Wrist Rocket
447 Posts
The .30 M1 carbine ammo was still plentiful and fairly cheap at the early stages of the plannedemic. It, too, has gone MIA and expensive if found. You struck a motherlode.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The .30 M1 carbine ammo was still plentiful and fairly cheap at the early stages of the plannedemic. It, too, has gone MIA and expensive if found. You struck a motherlode.
I don’t think we had plenty of surplus .30M1 here, but it’s the first time I buy any. I just reserved a Ruger New Blackhawk in this caliber, and been wanting a Carbine for some time so now is a good time. I paid abt 34 cts per round.

·
Registered
Trumark Wrist Rocket
447 Posts
I paid abt 34 cts per round.
Lucky Gunner and a few others were selling it for 36 cents per round as recently as a few months ago, so you got a great deal. There's not much around now at any price. That .30 cal Ruger will be fun for you to shoot.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Lucky Gunner and a few others were selling it for 36 cents per round as recently as a few months ago, so you got a great deal. There's not much around now at any price. That .30 cal Ruger will be fun for you to shoot.
The normal price here is between 50 and 60 cents

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow! Nice haul. I went through a couple of cases each of the Samson 44 and 357 way back in the day. Great ammo. Bought a case of that Hirtenberger 9mm sub ammo when Glocks first came out. They had hard primers but shot well.
Just remembered I have about 700 rounds of Samson 308 match ammo. Last time out, it shot 5 in a dime at 100 meters through my Savage 110 ( I think that's it). Best group through that gun ever.

Bob
And I have run out of supplies. And buying ready-made cartridges is very expensive these days. So I decided to invest in the press and make the cartridges myself. I chose the mid-priced Lyman, but was very hesitant at first. Here in the review Getting the Best Progressive Reloading Press That Save You a Lot of Money there are different options in terms of functionality and cost.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Received some more stuff

7.65 and 9mm Swiss military ammo

.45 Colt

.44-40 Win.

.22 lr

.22 short

And I drove to pick up some modern rounds from a couple guys who gave up shooting

9mm Geco

.357 Sig (Rem UMC) and .45 ACP (American Eagle)

.44 Magnum Magtech

12 ga slugs Magtech

And 2500 rounds of Serbian / PPU M193

·
Registered
531 Posts
That does it, I’m moving to Switzerland ;)
Very nice Classic12.

Im just happy I stocked up like you, so I can keep shooting.

If you ever end up in Western Colorado look me up, we have some incredible places to shoot.

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
Where in the world is all of that coming from?
I could see new stuff or military, but all of the vintage?
Someone died that was a hoarder............

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Where in the world is all of that coming from?
I could see new stuff or military, but all of the vintage?
Someone died that was a hoarder............
From an LGS, it’s mentioned in the first post.

And sadly he recently passed away.

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
Holy crap!
That dood must not have been a very good salesman. That, or he intentionally held all of the old stuff back for some reason. I have never seen that much new, old stock anywhere.
Jealous is an understatement. It would be a privilege to see it first hand, just like it was, on the shelf with no panic and no liberal dimwits trying to take it away. Good find!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts