1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So it was my second time at the range, and my first time shooting a 1911. It was a 1911 Remington Mil Spec that my friend just got.

Anyway, his magazines only held 7 so I worked with it. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me regarding stance and hand placement, but this was literally the first 7 rounds that I've ever shot in .45 acp, let alone a 1911.

This was at 35 ft. 4 in the orange :)

:) I don't know why I had a straggler at the bottom, maybe it was pulled? :D

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You really are doing well. It would seem you have 1911itis, incurable and expensive to treat.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Awesome shooting!
This might help. I am no expert or professional though.
http://home.earthlink.net/~potomac008/Pistol%20Wheel.htm
Great link! Thanks for the kind words!

Keep it up.
You're doing great.
It won't be long before you have your own now.
Randy
I know I'm so ready to get my foid card, and then wait even longer to get my operator! lol.

You really are doing well. It would seem you have 1911itis, incurable and expensive to treat.:biglaugh:
Ha. I can see it being an expensive sickness :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyway, his magazines only held 7 so I worked with it.
With the 1911's, ammo is rather, how do I put it, short compared to a 9mm which can have up to 15+ rounds. Not sure what you have in mind with a 1911 other than target practice. Mine is for self protection should some day I would need it.
Anyways, here is a great article about 1911's.
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob83.html

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cost!!

thats what I do , no one ever seems to listern...
Has anyone seen the latest cost of Win. 45 230gr fmj? Over 12 months, I have seen it go from $19.99 per 100 rnds to $50.00. Maybe I should take up skiing. It appears to be cheaper than shooting. :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great shooting

Great shooting! I would boost my ego by telling you how to do better, however, I can't see how you need to improve. Keep your powder dry, God Bless America and the 2nd Amendment.(GBA&2nd) :rock::rock: Randy 45

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great shooting! I would boost my ego by telling you how to do better, however, I can't see how you need to improve. Keep your powder dry, God Bless America and the 2nd Amendment.(GBA&2nd) :rock::rock: Randy 45
Thanks! lol.

With the 1911's, ammo is rather, how do I put it, short compared to a 9mm which can have up to 15+ rounds. Not sure what you have in mind with a 1911 other than target practice. Mine is for self protection should some day I would need it.
Anyways, here is a great article about 1911's.
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob83.html
Great info! Thanks!
And I'm planning on doing USPSA so I need a single stack :) Probably going to go with the STI Trojan.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm pretty sure my target didn't look as good on my second trip to the range. Good shooting.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote;"So it was my second time at the range, and my first time shooting a 1911. It was a 1911 Remington Mil Spec that my friend just got."

Is Remington building 1911 pistols now, or is the Remington an old GI pistol?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm pretty sure my target didn't look as good on my second trip to the range. Good shooting.
Thank you.

Quote;"So it was my second time at the range, and my first time shooting a 1911. It was a 1911 Remington Mil Spec that my friend just got."

Is Remington building 1911 pistols now, or is the Remington an old GI pistol?
It's an old pistol. My friend inherited it from his grandpa.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Has anyone seen the latest cost of Win. 45 230gr fmj? Over 12 months, I have seen it go from $19.99 per 100 rnds to $50.00. Maybe I should take up skiing. It appears to be cheaper than shooting. :confused:
I just got a box of 100 WWB at Bass Pro Shops for about $40. I have seen the same box at Dick's Sporting Goods for $65. I wanted to ask the guy what they were smoking. I've started using Blazer Aluminum (I don't reload...yet) at less than $20/50 rds. I find it just as reliable. That said, I got 200 rds of WWB 9mm and 100 rds of Remington 230 gr FMJ for $88 at Walmart the other day. 9mm and my .22LR conversion are looking good for range practice

1 - 20 of 21 Posts