1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my second trip to the range with my new R1 and as expected it went flawlessly!! I have now shot 300 rounds through it without a single issue. I love everything about this 1911 and am extremely satisfied with the product that Remington made. Can't wait to get another few hundred through it and then start making it my own:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm with you, ATC. I love my R1 Commander. Top quality at a fair price. Mine's only been to the range four times and has 970 rounds downrange so far. A great, trouble free shooter and tons of fun, too!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I made my second trip to the range with my new R1 and as expected it went flawlessly!! I have now shot 300 rounds through it without a single issue. I love everything about this 1911 and am extremely satisfied with the product that Remington made. Can't wait to get another few hundred through it and then start making it my own:)
Thanks for the Range report and updates. Glad everything is working out with your R1 1911 ACP.
Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts

I have two 1911's. A Remington R1S & a Colt 1911 Gov't. I took both to the range the other day, and did a close comparison of the two. The range was virtually empty, so I could compare at my liesure. After 50 rounds each of hand loaded LRN & 50 rounds each of hand loaded FMJ's, I was hard pressed to tell any difference of the two. Both guns functioned flawlessly and trying to decide which one was the best, was like trying to decide which daughter is the prettiest. It was definitely a great day at the range.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't shoot my 5" R1 that often anymore, but my R1 Commander is a little tack driver. I took it with me when I picked up my CZ 1911A1 last week and put another hundred through it. So accurate, and so much fun to shoot. 100% reliable, as well.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Got over a 1000 rounds in mine just bought it in November. I have a personal range in my back yard so I have the opportunity to shoot at my liesure. I just swapped out both my recoil and main springs as preventative maintenance. Got a good deal on multiple sets of colt made springs on ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts