1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking I am wanting to get another 1911 and I believe I want the commander size. I have a full-size early model Kimber I have had close to twenty years, and I also have a compact Dan Wesson in 9mm. I am seriously looking at the Desert Eagle 1911C. Is anyone familiar with them and if so, what is your opinion? I know the slide to frame has very close tolerances and it is bushing less as is my Dan Wesson ECO. I would appreciate your informed thoughts especially if you have owned and shot one. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
91 Posts
I have 3 Magnum Research D'eagles. A full size, commander, and officer. I can give you a 2 word suggestion. BUY IT! One of the few things you get more for your money. Can't speak for customer service 'cause I haven't had to use it. Several thousand rds thru each.

· Registered
0 Posts
I have a Government in 9mm & a commander in .45, like the fellow above said" Buy it" lotta gun for the money.. i have probably around 1k thru the 9mm & apx 6-700 through the 45. not a single issue with either! both slides feel like they are running on roller bearings!!!

· Registered
2,585 Posts
I've got their government size model, I haven't shot it much but what little I have it's been a great pistol. Good enough that it will likely be the test bed for a Rowland conversion at some juncture in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts