1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, saw a blue BHP with the newest style factory made adjustable sights aboard. Here's what it looked like:

www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=007B&cat_id=051&type_id=003

To me, this is the best looking adjustable they've used to date. Spied it at a gunshow. The tableholder was absent, and the fellow "minding the store" had no price tag or list to reference. Found out later it went for sum I would have gladly paid. :mad: Oh fudge!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This weekend, saw a blue BHP with the newest style factory made adjustable sights aboard. Here's what it looked like:
You mean like this:

Yeah, I think they're the nicest to date. I also think it will be a long while before anyone makes an after market sight that fills that long recess they cut in the slide before cutting the dovetail. Why they didn't just cut some kind of deal with Novak or come up with their own similar design, I just have to wonder.

Still, much better than previous incarnations.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick, before posting yesterday searched around the board a little bit to make sure I wasn't rehashing a subject that had been discussed ad nauseum already. Found no pictures or mention of the topic of these new sights.

Almost immediately AFTER posting, I changed search words slightly and found that very picture of yours, along with some gabbing about these adjustables. Oh well I'm not TOO embarrassed. :biglaugh:

On another gunboard a fellow reported that he's had a BHP with these sights in his possession since 2004. Suppose maybe I should be paying better attention, but there's only one store in my area that ever has BHPs in stock. And due to their high prices/sketchy customer service, I rarely go in there, even to window shop.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Aesthetically, the new adjustables are certainly far better looking than the old "tank turret" adjustables sights that used to be used by Browning-I think that the old ones were Milletts. At least they were well made-I never heard of any functional or durability problems.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts