1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can suggest some shops where I can take a look at some semi-custom 1911's? Ed Brown, Les Baer, Nighthawk, Wilson, etc. I am in Orange County, but would be willing to drive to San Diego, Los Angeles, etc. I am particularly interested in commander sized ones. There seem to be very few places that have these guns in their shop for people to purchase. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
There's Rettings in Culver City.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Although I haven't been there for maybe five months I've seen 1911's from all the makers you mention in Socal Guns in San Diego. Everytime I've been in there they've had several. Good selection, friendly people, and they often have a good supply of decently priced 45acp ammo.

Socal Guns 4891 Convoy st (across the street from Big5) 858-571-2020

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

I have not been to Fowler's. I will check that place out first as it is in Orange County. My parents live in San Diego so the next time I am down there I will check that place out too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was at the new gun shop on Beach, just a couple doors south of Hazard. They had at least one Les Baer there. Their grand opening was Saturday. The name is Field Time Sports and Guns - I think the address is 14542 Beach in Westminster, but I could be off a few numbers. It is just south of Hazard and on the east side of Beach. Some of the guys working there are familiar, from The Stockade or Fowler's.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Fowlers/Stockade in Orange and Westminster.
Rettings in Culver City
Ironsights in Oceanside

Those should cover all the semi-custom 1911s available in CA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again

I stopped by "Field Time" on Beach on Sunday. They had 3, I think, Nighthawks. All 5". They had a number of S&W 1911s, and probably a couple of other brands. I did not see a Les Baer. The only commander sized I saw was a scandium S&W. The guy I talked to said they had quite a bit more inventory coming in. I will definitely go there again in a few weeks.

I have shot at Iron Sights a number of times (I like the place). They have 1-2 5" Wilsons. Very nice. They also have the Dan Wesson CBOB. I like the balance on the CBOB, but the Wilson seems to be higher quality.

I would like to handle and love to shoot some more Wilsons, Nighthawks, Ed Browns, Les Baers, etc. I would especially like to shoot the commander sized, but the government sized too.

I've seen quite a few recommendations I need to go to look at some nice 1911s. Any suggestions as to where I can shoot a Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Les Baer, etc.?

Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts