1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, where did this senior member stuff come from? Just because I can join AARP doesn't mean I am a senior. I have all my teeth, although I do wear bifocals. That's it, where's the phone book. HEY, anyone out there know a good lawyer that specializes in age discrimination suits!?

[This message has been edited by Patrickl (edited 05-04-2001).]

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I wondered how long before you guys would catch on lol

Since 'Junior' is used for members under 45 posts, I figured the flipside 'Senior' was very appropriate. TFL also uses 'Senior' member tags

·
Registered
853 Posts
Originally posted by ArmySon:
I wondered how long before you guys would catch on lol

Since 'Junior' is used for members under 45 posts, I figured the flipside 'Senior' was very appropriate.
OH, now catch this Bufford. Our young friend Son has thinly disguised his belief that anything over 45 is "Senior." Of course he will swear that he means posts, but of course you and I both know what he means.

Listen Bufford, I'm having some friends over for lunch. It's our normal "Geritol for lunch bunch" get together. Come on and join the fun. I'm not inviting Son. If Geritol isn't to your liking we also have "Ensure."

After lunch we sit on my porch, watch the grass grow, and listen to the fizz as some of the guys soak their dentures.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
...and b*lch and f*rt while having our Depends changed by those travelin nurses...

....Hey...where's my little old guy EMOTICON?
Should have a cane, stick figure and gun belt dropped to the knees with shaking fist at skateboarder!!!

sheesh...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I don't see any purposes of the Jr. and SR. titles. It already shows #of posts and effective dates. Unless you want to further classify the category (e.g. silver, gold, platinum, titanium, uranium), 'Member' is just fine to me.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by ArmySon:
Instead of Senior Member, this one should make y'all happier
So it IS true !!! I am now "officially" an addict, and can prove to my wife that I have a recognizable condition. Maybe now she'll understand !

Thanks Son.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Son

1911 Addict?

The truth hurts
- But I like it!!!

Since it's now "official", I'm thinkin there must be a way to get government grants and support for continuing research. Sign me up! 8-}

·
Registered
691 Posts
-12 step program to cure your addiction.-

1. Admit that you have an addiction.
2. Remove any triggers to that addiction. That means getting rid of your 1911's. You must send them to me, so I can cure you.
3. Get rid of anything that makes you want to go shooting. You can send me all you ammo, holsters, targets, and reloading machines too. I've been looking for a Dillon 1050.
4. You must dress like a normal person. No more windbreakers, or untucked shirts to conceal your weapons you no longer have.
5. Support cable locks, and extraneous safety devices. They're good for the children...
6. Cut off your [edited out: Rhymes with Venus] and buy a cat.
7. Join the Democratic party, and vote democrat.
8. Move to New York, where practical people like Hillary Clinton live.
9. Accept all lies as true, and all truth as lies. It will get you very far with liberal people.
10. On occation, invent problems that doen't exist, and propose solutions that won't work to solve the problem, if the problem actually existed.
11. Try to lie to yourself as often as you lie to others. It will increase your self-confidence.
12. Now that you're cured, help others cure themselves too.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo

[This message has been edited by Electric_Armadillo (edited 05-14-2001).]

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
After some deep thinking on the part of the moderators, all of us have decided that we're probably looking at a full-scale intervention for you addicts.

But don't get all worked up sbout it; we've already put together a pretty good gameplan.
Since we figure your illness is kind of similar to that of a chain smoker, we really need to attack the problem at its source.

Simply put: to overcome your dependency, all you have to do is throw away those evil cigarette packs, (guns) or cartons for the hardcore addicts among us, (lots of guns) and never look back. And it's VERY important that you don't look back.

Since I'm such a helpul guy, I'll bring the trash cans (free of charge) if you bring the guns. Don't worry about their disposal, I have a pretty good idea where I'll put them

[This message has been edited by traevin (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I appreciate the jesters of addiction to the 1911. Which come and go. I have always enjoyed the gun and this site. Which I look to for enticement and advice. As well as where I can suggest from past experience and opinion in general. I now can earn money and not think in terms of. How much more I need to get a Gold Cup or 1911 original. I always have liked this site guys. Since 6/00 or so. As 37 Heavy, Redzone and another I forget. Keep up the effort and I will keep up the posts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts