1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stainless SA Loaded developed a problem with the ambi safety scraping against the right side of the slide. I called SA a few days ago describing the problem and today I took it back to my dealer who will send her off Monday.

While at SA, the custom shop is to do a front-strap checkering job on it and bill my credit card. SA will be shipping it back to my dealer upon completion and receipt of payment of course.

My question is, how long should this process take would you guess?

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Why would they ship it back to your dealer and not to you? Or is the dealer handling this as warranty work and not charging you anything?

-- Chuck

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chuck S said:
Why would they ship it back to your dealer and not to you? Or is the dealer handling this as warranty work and not charging you anything?

-- Chuck
It's brand new, never been shot and under SA's lifetime warranty. I have a friend who wants it no matter how she ends up shooting after the work.The shop is not charging me for shipping...why not I say?:rock:

·
Banned
91 Posts
Chuck S said:

-- Chuck
If they are shipping USPS then it has to go FFL-FFL. Also, read Springfield's custom shop rules, they only ship back to the address from which the gun came.

Yes, they have procedures in case you move while they have the gun.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
back to your question on how long the work will take. I sent my loaded model back for a loose rear sight and had the checkering done while it was there. The work took 4 months because i had it plated at the same time. You will be very pleased with their work.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all. Rdinak, that looks great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts