1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to Deb this morning, got my RMA, quadruple checked my letter to make sure I didn't forget anything, and sent off the gun with a pile of Ed Brown parts :)

Here's a list of what I'm having done.

Hand fit, dehorn, install Ed Brown slide stop, mag release, plunger tube, ambi safety, hammer, hammer strut, disconnector, sear, sear spring, trigger, and firing pin stop.

Hand fit and install S&A MSH/magwell, Springfield Professional beavertail

Tune trigger to crisp 4lbs.

Hard chrome gun, polish barrel and bushing (both stock), polish Wilson guide rod

Black T on slide stop, mag release, plunger tube, safeties, extractor

Minor frame modifications (clean up factory lines, clean up tool marks)

I think that's pretty much it. I sent them a set of smooth Carbon Creations grips to put on there when it's finished. I have no idea what it's gonna cost me, I guess I'll find out soon.

I was very happy with the stock slide to frame fit, barrel lockup, and accuracy. I just wanted something done "my way", no critical MIM parts, etc. It's my first 1911, and I was itching to get some custom work done. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely! I feel pretty stupid for getting all this work done to a pistol that's barely broken in (and a damn fine pistol at that), but I couldn't help myself.

The guilt lead me to my local gun shop today, where I purchased a Ruger Mk. III Hunter .22LR pistol to ease my pain :rolleyes:

·
Registered
106 Posts
SVT,
I beat you by a week! My safety was loose (I'm a lefty) and my plunger was too long. I had to cut a detent in my slide stop to get it to fit. So, I thought while it was there, why not have a little work done. I didn't go to quite the extent that you did though. Here is what I'm doing to my TRP:
Tighten slide to frame
Install and fit National Match barrel and bushing
Action job with the tool steel hammer and sear
Speed trigger
Black T finish

Deb told me that when I got it back it will shoot a 2 and 1\2 inch group at 50 yards. I can't wait! Just 7 to 9 more weeks.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
SVTNate said:
Definitely! I feel pretty stupid for getting all this work done to a pistol that's barely broken in (and a damn fine pistol at that), but I couldn't help myself.

The guilt lead me to my local gun shop today, where I purchased a Ruger Mk. III Hunter .22LR pistol to ease my pain :rolleyes:

Don't feel too bad. I took a NIB WWII mil spec, shot about 50 rounds through it to make sure all was well, and sent it in to the custom shop for the full Pro Package. Still waiting, but i'm sure you'll all be seeing pics once it gets back around the new year I estimate.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't heard from Springfield yet, but if the total cost of the work I'm already having done isn't too outrageous, I will probably have them hand fit a Nowlin barrel and bushing.

I may take the pile of TRP stock parts and either sell them, or buy a Mil-Spec or GI pistol and put all the original TRP parts on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.