1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I am basically a new member and a happy owner of a Royal series 2. I Love the gun and have had no problems whatsoever. I love the forum but am tired of reading the same threads over and over again.

Some people like the series two design and some people do not. Why argue (rather heatedly argued at times) this idea? No one ever actually goes, "Hey your right!". So just stop it. I'd much rather see threads of awesome customized guns or stories of how your Kimbers saved your life. Not childish "I'm right, Your wrong!" arguements.

My beliefs are simple. Kimber is a fine company that makes quality firearms(I think im the only person in the world who owns a rifle and a shotgun made by them). Although their warranty service is tough sometimes (Dennis....) if you keep a clear head and discuss the problem, it always gets fixed. I also think that their quality control is very good. I know i am one of the few. I actually talked at length with a gentleman who works their and he told me how a gun doesn't leave the shop before 7 people look at it and check it.

If you dont like series 2 don't buy them, but don't preach your false beliefs (usually) to people wanting to own a Kimber. I don't want reasons why you hate them, just keep it to yourself unless you have an actual topic worthy of discussion.

Also, most arguements presented are full of falacies of thought (sweeping generalizations being the most rampant).

Good Luck and Safe Shooting

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dodge USED to be cool.......till they went and screwed 'em up with airbags!!!

Series I Dodges rule!
Series II Dodge Sucks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to get off topic.........

Ozzy's MUSIC is where the magic is.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I gotta agree with Ozzyrules. PLEASE guys give it a rest on the Series I/Series II debate. NOBODY is going to change their mind most likely, so why begin heated arguments. There have been too many pissed off members over this debate lately. Thank you.

Oh yeah, Ozzy's music is where it's at.:rock:

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Thread has been reopened due to the request of a civil member. Please make sure the thread is kept ON topic. Thank you all.:)

Thank you to the member whose e-mail I actually liked reading, you know who you are.:cool:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i agree that noones mind is going to get changed...i just would like some good reasons why people dont like the series 2...other than my brothers friends sisters bf shoots at a range where some guys series 2 kimber broke...cuz that seems the be the majority of the arguments. im also surprised at the number of people who say they wont buy a series 2 on principle, hell if your not gonna buy it let it be that you dont like the looks or front cocking serrations, but not to buy somthing cuz you dont like a buisness decision they made...weird if you ask me *shrugs*. that being said...i love my series 1 stainless :D

oh and ozzys music does rock...ozzy on the other hand...umm, too many drugs, nuff said- cant understand a word the guy says when he speaks...but MAN can that guy sing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
why cant we all get along!! you hear that series 1 guys...lol J/K:)
i still dont understand the huge debate myself. but none the less as long as its kimber we are still in the same boat! KIMBER RULES:rock:

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
I was a huge Ozzie fan, but never heard him sing. Harriet used to carry quite a tune in the kitchen, though. That Ricky was the real musical star!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Series 1/ Series II gut feeling/clarification.

The last thing I want is a fight with anyone. I also will never tell someone what is right or wrong for them. All I know is that I do not want the Series two "safety" mechanism in my personal gun.

Nor do I want a 1911A1 with a "redesigned" extractor. If I wanted all those things I would have kept my S&W 915 or my Beretta 92FS.

There are lots of browning designed pistols with external extractors that predate the 1911
The 1903, 1906, 1910/22

Then there is the M1911, anfd the M1935 (the Hi-Power).....which both used internal extractors...which were both the most successful of the Browning pistols. Both of which were popular with militaries around the world, both of which retain followings decades after their design.

The difference? The external extractor designs were designed to be mass-produced, lower priced models. None have survived the test of time like the other designs.

I'm sorry...If I'm going to have a 1911...give me a 1911. If I want all that other stuff.....I'll buy a Glock, or a S&W...or any of those.

When I'm in the market to buy a 1911......my money will go to a company who is putting out a 1911. Not a 1911-like gun. If I hadn't have found a NIB series I...I would have bought a Springfield.

As a little side note to anyone on the Kimber staff.....I paid $350.00 more than I had originally budgeted so I could buy another Kimber S1 rather than a Springfield.

·
Registered
170 Posts
ozzyrules: I thought this was an open forum. I thought this was a place were if I do not like or want a series II pistol I had the right to say so. I actually own 4 kimbers 3 of which are Series I pistols. One is not and I am sorry for that but that is another thread. I agree with 45_THUD that if I am goinng to buy a 1911 that is what I want. Not a "improved because we say it is better this way" pistol. None of the ones I have were bad in the first place. Your opinion is fine but it is that an opinion and as long as you are in a place like this everybody is going to express there's.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Bman said:
ozzyrules: I thought this was an open forum. I thought this was a place were if I do not like or want a series II pistol I had the right to say so. I actually own 4 kimbers 3 of which are Series I pistols. One is not and I am sorry for that but that is another thread. I agree with 45_THUD that if I am goinng to buy a 1911 that is what I want. Not a "improved because we say it is better this way" pistol. None of the ones I have were bad in the first place. Your opinion is fine but it is that an opinion and as long as you are in a place like this everybody is going to express there's.
i think his point is that fine if YOU dont want to buy one dont...but dont use exaggerated claims (trust me if the guns were as bad as some people claim, there would have been a class action sueing LONG ago) to try and push prospective buyers away from the gun.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I understand that but you must also understand I don't believe in being told what I can and cannot say or express. I happen to like the Series I better than the II but now I don't have to worry about it any way.After my experience with my ECLIPSE I don't buy Kimber guns. Back on topic. I don't see the need for the Series II saftey

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ozzy Series 1 = rules
Ozzy Series 11= :barf: needs external extraction to save on dignity

That's why I'm glad we have Meshuggah to carry the torch.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Bman said:
I understand that but you must also understand I don't believe in being told what I can and cannot say or express. I happen to like the Series I better than the II but now I don't have to worry about it any way.After my experience with my ECLIPSE I don't buy Kimber guns. Back on topic. I don't see the need for the Series II saftey
its a liability issue as i stated in my thread that got locked up. since this country is so damn sue happy, kimber needs to cover their asses...so in a way, its our (sociaties) fault.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree that this move was executed to avoid litigation. However, other companies have addressed the safety "non-issues" without altering the core design of the pistol.
Also, the external extractor is not a decision based on legal liability. That's Kimber....trying to tell me that my $1200.00 I paid for my pistol...really wasn't enough to satisfy their greed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think we should all just keep in mind the reason that the 1911 is called the 1911....it was designed in approx. 1911 !

There has been significant improvement in nearly every product, and advancements in machining technology since then. There has also been a legitimate increase in the safety-level expected of firearms. A firing-pin block safety of some sort is included in almost every design of pistol these days. I think it is a good thing, and, lo and behold, I never have had even the slightest hiccup from my series II Kimber. (yes, I own a Series I also !)

Those who don't want a Series II Kimber are perfectly free to not buy one. It should be as simple as that.
But as on every internet forum these days, there is a certain element that has an agenda to spread negativity. We can speculate about their motives, but it is really irrelevent. The tough thing is that a very small percentage of real problems can spark an internet-rumor-frenzy that requires a lot of real data to squelch. Anyone who follows any internet forum on any product or special-interest group knows exactly what I am talking about.

Peace.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ah yes....the dark forces of the Series I Conspiracy League or "S.I.C.L.). We will piggy-back the Series II debacle all the way to a leadership role in the U.N..

Once we have the U.N. in our pocket we will take over the world and turn it all over to our Dark Lord and Master......John "Bealzabub" Browning.

Dude...really.....I don't have an agenda. I think Kimber made a decision that will either make or break them in the future. It's news, and it's important news.

The fact of the matter is it needs to be discussed. The market will ultimately decide.

Lighten up people.....
There is no anti-SII conspiracy.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
My 0.02 Worth

I own 3 SA, a 5"full-size ( prior to the loaded models ) V-10, and 6" longslide. My wife owns a Colt Combat Special ( Most accurate gun in the house ) and was looking to buy another 1911. HAD my eye on an Eclipse. When I contacted Kimber about how to detail strip ( down to bare frame ) Actually took 4 e-mails to get a response, they said that if I looked at an exploded veiw of a 1911 I "could figure it out" NOT much for customer service in my eyes!!! Any way, to make a long story short , Didn't get the Kimber. Instead I bought a Colt Gunsite SS. Pick it up this sat. Tracy

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
45_THUD said:
Ah yes....the dark forces of the Series I Conspiracy League or "S.I.C.L.). We will piggy-back the Series II debacle all the way to a leadership role in the U.N..

Once we have the U.N. in our pocket we will take over the world and turn it all over to our Dark Lord and Master......John "Bealzabub" Browning.
:biglaugh:

ozzyrules, wasn't it nice for you to be able to express your beliefs/opinion(s) in this thread? If so, why do you feel it's necessary to squelch others? I understand your point, but you are fully capable of disregarding threads you don't want to read.

I don't think the 'arguments' would be so heated if there wasn't anything to be discussed. Maturity allows us to agree to disagree. I believe the real problem lies where people demand others to respect their opinions yet do not offer the same respect.

Although I disagree with your approach, I thank you for bringing up this topic.

:D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.