1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Kimber series II passed has the schwartz firing pin block, it's not original GI either.
The Springfield's passed by using a light weight titanium firing pin with extra power firing pin spring.
A 1991 Colt is closer to original GI than the Kimber is, though the SA mil-spec would be even closer.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by jaydee:
As for what is and is not available in the PRK, actually, Series 80 guns are no longer being made either... They are now Series 90's. Colt ended production of the S70's, and S80's guns a while back, although there is virtually no difference between the S80's, and S90's lockwork.
Actually, series 90 is only used for certain models. The Defender is. I'm not sure if the XSE's have the "-Series 80-" on their rollmark, but the Enhanced .38 super's we got in not too long ago (I bought one myself) are on the approved Ka list, and say Series 80 on the rollmark.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by jhunnetaz:
Colt Gov't Model XSE... NO -Series 80- rollmark.
Thanks, at home, wasn't sure.
Does it say series 90 either?
(I don't think they put such marking's on the new rollmarkings, since it's ugly and then people just wonder what it means :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.