1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 70 government model that I bought used. It's serial number is 70G8xxxx.
This is my only handgun, and I'm really new to shooting, but I was wondering how old the gun was, or any other info on this model. Also what is a good IWB holster for this gun. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't help in determining the age of your 70, but I can offer a few suggestions as to leather that has worked for me. First, you must realize that the size of your body does influence how easily you can conceal a full size government model. For me, I have had excellent results with two Galco models: an N.S.A. and the Royal Guard. I tend to favor the N.S.A. due to the fact that by moving the attachment for your belt loop rearward, you reduce the bulk of the holster/pistol combo. There are tons of good designs and products out there just as there are tons of poor quality products. On my 6 ft. 3 in., 190 lb frame these two products work. Just be sure to buy a properly fitting and strong belt no matter what holster you buy.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Since you've withheld your serial#. The range of production is: 70G73001-70G88900 1975, 70G88901-70G99999 1976.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts