1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I just wanted to say that this is my first post to the group and I am glad to have found all of you. I have been reading various threads etc. these past few days and have really been impressed by all of the wonderful and diverse information that I have been receiving. Now I would like to take a moment and brag about the NIB Mark IV Series 70 (large lettering) Government model (with factory adjustable sights) that I just acquired. I went shooting the other night for the first time with this gun and it shoots beautifully. This is my first Series 70 1911 and I can really see why everyone is interested in this gun. It is extremely well made for a production gun and the fitting of the slide to frame etc. is second to none. It has just been a pleasure to shoot a non-molested Series 70.
I have a quick question before I sign off concerning the price of a new 1991A1. I was wondering the price range of this gun. Is it readily available etc. Thanks for all of your help in advanced.

Tom

·
Administrator
74,721 Posts
Shootin' a 1911 is a real hoot, isn't it? The first 1911 I ever shot was a pre-Series 70, and I was hooked even at the tender age of nine. Regarding the factory adjustable sights, I assume your gun is a Gold Cup. The Government and Commander models didn't come with adjustable sights from the factory.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

1 - 2 of 2 Posts