1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Lever's for the Firing Pin safety come in 3 different sizes.

The #1 is generally the most common. The #2 is slightly longer, and ensures that the plunger is cleared when using Adjustable triggers with Over Travel screws.

So what did the #2, and #3 originally come in? I found a stash of these in all 3 sizes, and was wondering if it might be worthwile to add them to my stash.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Wow, jaydee - that's a new one to me. They really come in 3 different sizes? I gotta get out from under my rock more often I guess.

I have never seen more than one size mentioned. Does Brownell's list multi-sizes?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by shane45-1911:
Wow, jaydee - that's a new one to me. They really come in 3 different sizes? I gotta get out from under my rock more often I guess.

I have never seen more than one size mentioned. Does Brownell's list multi-sizes?
I dunno... Guess I need to take a few pics, and take the Vernier's out, and 'Mic' them for a comparison.

Sure wish Teddy Jacobsen was around, he might know what #3 was used for.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Hi jaydee, I'm not sure of the numbers, I would assume the 2 & 3 would lift the plunger higher, Colt made one stamped N and these were for Gold Cups with the over travel screw but are no longer available, I'm not aware of any others. Are the numbered ones available to anyone?

------------------
Metal Smith

The only thing I know for sure is what I can measure!
NRA Life Member

·
Premium Member
11,641 Posts
Brownells carried all 3 at one time. I bought some several years ago to use with guns that I had installed Videki triggers in. The #2 levers didn't work as well as the #1 that came in the guns for me. I got more lift with the #1. A real head scratcher. Acording to my info, the #2 & #3 were supposed to give progressively more lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts