1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this should be in here or the Charles Daly forum...

I disassembled my Charles Daly EFS and found that they put a lower series 80 part (the one that sort of looks like a bird's head) on the sear pin. There's no upper series 80 part, and that little series 80 button on the inside of the slide isn't there, so why is this part in the gun? Will it hurt anything to reassemble the gun without the lower series 80 part?

I also have a question about putting the mainspring housing back in. It looks like there's something inside the MSH pin hole that's preventing me from putting the MSH pin in all the way. It looks like somthing projecting from inside the MSH into the pin hole. It looks like if the MSH pin were in place, this projection would be in the circle cut in the middle of the MSH pin. Does anyone know what this thing is and how to stop it from projecting into the hole so that I can get the pin in?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
192 Posts
The series 80 part is just used as a spacer. The frame is cast as a series 80 frame, but the firing pin block is not used. So there needs to be a spacer. No one knows if Daly is switching to 80 or not.

Not sure about the mainspring hole.

·
Registered
22,201 Posts
I don't know for sure what CD is doing with lawyer levers in the lower but no firing pin block in the upper. Perhaps they are tooling up for S80 configuration and in the meantime are assembling guns with new frames and old slides.

The projection into the MSH pinhole is the MSH pin retaining plunger. It is there to drop into the groove in the middle of the MSH pin to keep it from working out. Just tap the pin past it with a mallet and it will snap into place. Or should.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies guys... I was afraid that I'd break that thing off if I just hammered the pin in, but I'll give that a try.

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts