1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I did it. I took apart my LW Commander series 80 and there are a few extra parts that I don't see in any re-assembly instruction anywhere.

They are inside the hammer group. One peice lines the right side of the of the sear and has a bar that runs along the top of the frame parallel to the disconnector. The second is a smaller peice with a round elbow and 2 limbs hanging off of it (1 limb longer than the other) Of course there is also the disonnector, sear, hammer, 3 leaf spring, grip safety and hammer. I'm just not sure of the exact order or placement of parts as well as the placement of the hammer on the sear when re-assembling. If anybody has printed instructions they can send me @ [email protected] or help in general I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Series 80 HELP

First, I hate 80 series Colt's. Unfortunately or fortunately, my wife has one. Most accurate gun in the house, but getting back to your problem, Call Wilson Combat and order his " #401 1911 Maintenance Manual " $10.50 ( buy more than $50. worth of merchandise and they pay for shipping. I need it almost every time I clean her Colt down to bare frame. Tracy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here's a little tip. When reassembling put a THIN dab of grease (vaseline will work) on the two levers to hold them in place. Saves a little frustration. Me, I just threw mine away. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good idea to hold those 2 pieces onto the side. It was a bit aggravating trying to keep those in place.

Did you throw away the pieces? Or the gun?

'Cause it wasn't that bad!

I had one of those panic sessions where I had taken the whole thing apart down to bare frame and then had to leave to pick up my daughter from day care within the hour. I knew if I had come back later to do it the whole image of its assembly would have been gone from head.

I appreciate everybody’s help and response on this matter.

To the forum owners and operators, I just want you to know that during this attach, logging onto 1911Forum.com was the first thing that popped onto my head. Due to the availability of information and assistance from other users I will be signing on as a donator soon enough. I would hate to see such a resource go away.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Dingus said:
To the forum owners and operators, I just want you to know that during this attach, logging onto 1911Forum.com was the first thing that popped onto my head. Due to the availability of information and assistance from other users I will be signing on as a donator soon enough. I would hate to see such a resource go away.
Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts