1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Series I Kimber Compact Carry model for sale while looking for a Compact CDP II. Here is what I know about it.
Series one
Alloy frame (black)
Stainless slide (I think, but maybe I don't remember correctly)
Night sights
Ambi safety
So, it looks a lot like a CDP but an older model. Does any one have any further info on this model? I can't find it anywhere. Also, what is a fair price with one wilson mag and no box? They are asking $900 but I am sure I could get it for $850 and maybe $800.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not sure what extras you have on that pistol. Ambi safety?

My compact used was $575. out the door. (Series 1 SS) I have seen new compacts for $675.00 to $750.00. Check out www.gunsamerica.com and you can find some comparisons there. I think the blued compact series 1 used was in the $500.-$600. range.

Is the one you are looking at new?
checkering ? or custom stuff?

plunker

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plunker.
Nothing on the pistol is anything other than stock. It doeas have an ambi-thumb safety. The frame is alloy and not SS or blued. I did find out that the slide is blued not stainless. The guy at the gun shop told me this pistol was the pre-cursor to the CDP version. It even has the melt down treatment Kimber did on the CDP. I did shop prices on gunsamerica, but the was nothing exactly like this pistol on there. There are CDP's for brand new for $900. I think I will pass unless he does $650 or so.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yeah, this doesn't sound like a Compact Carry model... more like a CDP/Elite. Two-toned? The price is also in the range of a CDP-type model. Could be an Elite, the predecessor of the CDP.

Look on the right side of the slide and see what it says there. Also, you could call Kimber with the serial number.

As for a fair price, it seems high. Definitely high for a Compact Carry model (you could use that as leverage in the bargaining process ;) ) I'm assuming it's used... what kind of shape is it in?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
strick909,
The model that you are looking at is probably the Kimber "Elite Carry". The Elite Carry was a limited edition run of 1200 pistols in 1998 with all the features you have described. The Elite Carry was indeed the predecessor to the CDP series. I have seen LNIB Elite Carry's sell from $700 to $950. Personally, I would stay at the low end of that price range if I were looking for one. Here is a pic of my still NIB Elite Carry that I purchased in 1998. I iniitially had bought two of them, one to shoot and one to put up, but sold the used one about 3 years ago.:(
http://xpupload.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=6a29ee1c-b5c4-32fd-43af-36a120377dc6&size=

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
One of my friends has an elite and was told it sold for $1200. new. He has about $650. in the pistol. It is a very nice gun an was a limited edition pistol. I would think that $650.-$700. is a good price (too me) if it is an elite carry series one.

plunker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts