1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a TLE RL II and it is great, 100% reliable with Novak Mags. I have had no problems with the Series II parts, but I felt like trying the test you always read about on here where you turn the pistol upside down and cycle the slide slowly. Well, the slide stops about a quarter of an inch out of battery. It doesn't do it if I let the slide cycle at full speed, but just out of curiosity, what and how do you polish to fix this? I know it isn't really a problem and has never caused any malfunctions, but I was just curious.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why try to find a solution to a problem that dosen't exist? Seriously, take it to the range and try to shoot it upside down. Shoot a few mags worth of ammo, and if it all goes bang, it should be fine. Just know this, even the most expensive/well engineered/well-talked about gun can fail. Its the operator behind the trigger that makes the difference.

Ghost

·
Registered
451 Posts
Fed,

Looks like great minds think alike, or have too much time on their hands. I recently purchased an Ultra CDP II, and the 2nd thing that I did was find this board (I bet you can guess the first thing I did after my purchase).

I read everything that I could about my new Kimber, and all of the potential problems, and associated fixes. Being of the anal and worrisome variety, I began to panick. Then I took a breath, did a little reflection, and put about 800 rounds through the gun.
It has been perfect, with the alloy frame, Series II and external extracter, factory and Wilson mags, and every bullet shape that I have stuffed into it. I just received my spare parts from Dennis, so I can fix any issues that might arise. If the frame cracks, Dennis said "no problem, they would fix it". So, I'm gonna shoot the heck out of it, carry it constantly, and not sweat the what if's. I have had about every variety of factory 1911's out there, and this is by far the finest, most accurate and most fun 1911 that I have owned. The only bummer is that there is not a thing that I want to change on this gun, unlike all of my others. My bet would be that the best "polishing" that you can give your parts is to just shoot it. Besides, we can all benefit from a little polishing of our shooting skills.

Craig

·
Registered
480 Posts
Before I removed the Series II parts from my Compact Stainless, my Kimber also failed the "turn it upside down, and rack the slide slowly, then see if it hangs up" test, but in shooting it at the range, it always performed flawlessly upside down, sideways left, and sideways right. If you have the chance to safely shoot it upside down, try it, and see how it functions...if it works, great, shoot the heck out of it! As for the "Test", when is your firearm actually upside, with the slide actually moving that slow!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts