1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, there's something going on here I don't understand. Back when Colt put out the S80, everyone had a mental block, be it realistic or not, about taking it out. Whatever the reasons... getting hamstrung in a court of law, liability, fear of reprisal from an angry god, whatever, S80 removal just wasn't, and isn't, done to any great degree.
But here a great many of you, in regards to the SII, are saying "Don't like it? Just take it out!" and doing just that seems exceedingly common.
What is it about the Kimbers that makes your mindset so radically different?

·
Premium Member
20,305 Posts
I think it was done plenty with the S-80, we just didn't talk about it! One of Brownell's best-selling parts is the replacement spacer.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
eringobragh said:
We all LOVE John Moses Browning's original concept!
Let me know when you replace the beavertail, hammer, safety and trigger, I'm interested in "acquiring them" from you. I bet it's gonna be a bear filing off the front serrations. :) ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Careful guys....your discussion is leaning towards Series II bashing. The powers that be don't like you talking badly about Series II. I guess it damages Series II owner 's self esteem. Make sure your posts have meaning and pertainence and don't just blindly denegrate Series II or, this thread, like many others, will be shut down.
Whatever you do, avoid even the slightest whiff of opinion that Series II represents a step backwards. And for God's sake, never even insinuate or hint that Series I quality and fit and finsh was higher than Series II.
In fact, it is preferred, just like in the Wizard of Oz, that you ignore the man behind the curtain. Maybe it's just better if you don't even mention the differences between Series I and Series II.

I really enjoy reading threads about many subjects here at 1911forum.com. Even after being a 1911 owner and shooter for well over 10 years, I have learned a lot about my chosen weapon. However, if you don't ever hear from me again.....it's probably because I've been "disappeared".:mummy:

·
Banned
597 Posts
the real problem with "just take it out" is that it leaves holes in your frame & slide with nothing in them. Seems like an invitation for dirt & dust to sneak down in there in a carry gun.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
45_THUD said:
Careful guys....your discussion is leaning towards Series II bashing. The powers that be don't like you talking badly about Series II. I guess it damages Series II owner 's self esteem. Make sure your posts have meaning and pertainence and don't just blindly denegrate Series II or, this thread, like many others, will be shut down.
Whatever you do, avoid even the slightest whiff of opinion that Series II represents a step backwards. And for God's sake, never even insinuate or hint that Series I quality and fit and finsh was higher than Series II.
In fact, it is preferred, just like in the Wizard of Oz, that you ignore the man behind the curtain. Maybe it's just better if you don't even mention the differences between Series I and Series II.

I really enjoy reading threads about many subjects here at 1911forum.com. Even after being a 1911 owner and shooter for well over 10 years, I have learned a lot about my chosen weapon. However, if you don't ever hear from me again.....it's probably because I've been "disappeared".:mummy:
I think you've confused locking Series 2 bashing threads with with locking Springfield Customer Service bashing threads. There are lots of Series 2 bashing threads here that have lots of posts in them. There are also at least 4 polls on problems people have had with the Series 2 safeties. Threads get closed on this topic because its all been said before....do a search and you can spend the next month reading them before you disappear.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
45_THUD, your impression of the SII guns is the same as mine. But the reason the previous thread was closed is that it was the same old stuff that has been posted many times before. Nothing new there. The powers that be could care less about the I vs II debate. What we do care about is how emotional some posters seem to get over the I vs II issue. And when it reaches a certain level, we are going to close it, plain and simple. Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I closed the last one.

·
Administrator
72,493 Posts
There's a difference between merely commenting on one's distaste for the SII safety and actually trying to trash it in every thread. Those of you who think you're being singled out or "censored" apparently don't realize it's not the one comment you make, but the constant flogging of a dead horse that eventually gets a moderator's attention. There was a recent poster who bashed Colt products so often that it seemed his mission in life to personally destroy Colt's reputation. Then after being banned he had the nerve to re-register and complain that he was being singled out by clueless Colt-lovers. We've seen similar trolls in the Dan Wesson and Wilson forums, among others.

If you have an opinion, by all means feel free to state it. But if all you can do in every single post you make is trash something or somebody, either get a life or go create your very own "Anti-Brand X" website elsewhere.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Aside from my signature, I have made every effort to keep my Series I/II commentary isolated to threads specifically addressing the SeriesI/II debate and question.

I do note, however, that some posters seem to drag this issue into play regardless of the subject at hand.

I do not feel that I, per se, was censored. However, I do feel that there is a very low tolerance for the subject and its discussion. If people are willing to read and post to a thread and there is ongoing discourse, I do not see the harm in allowing the thread to continue. O.K.....so moderators and old hands may become bored with that thread.

If it is two posters going back and forth at each other then, clearly, an end must be forced.

The moderator staff seems to be a group of level-headed and knowledgable folks. Courtesy and decorum dictate that standard users should defer to their judgment.

I gladly submit to those rulings

:)

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
AZ Husker said:
I think it was done plenty with the S-80, we just didn't talk about it! One of Brownell's best-selling parts is the replacement spacer.
You also must remember, when the series 80 was introduced, the internet wasn't available and abundant like it is now.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts