1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While rumaging through a box of old books today, I came across an old Seventrees catalog that I thought I had lost long ago. It is practically in unissued condition.

Below are scans of some of the more unusual and classic Seventrees designs along with the catalog intro. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Tony...Thanks for showing us more interesting history. I particularly like the "draw through the fly" model! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Tony:
Thanks for sharing. In the description for the SDS holster, we might have seen the first use of the word "tactical".

·
Registered
94 Posts
From the point of view of a purely untrained eye, what I like about the designs and workmanship is the prominent sight track and the "just-right" boning. Lovely pieces of craft...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AZ Husker said:
Tony...Thanks for showing us more interesting history. I particularly like the "draw through the fly" model! :eek:
You think it could be IDPA approved??? It might be entertaining to see it demonstrated in a match. ;)

L8r
Tony

·
Registered
745 Posts
Many thanks, Tony, for this excellent post.
You are doing an important service for the History of Holstermaking, please keep on :) .
Regards, MAXM

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think you will find some of these designs with similar descriptions in the current Ken Null catalogue.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
The influence of Chick Gaylord is sure evident in those Seventrees holsters.

Tony, you might want to "restrict" a model or two in your line. It gives the prospective purchaser a chance to feel as if they're being outfitted by--"do bring it back in one piece, 007"--Q. However "contact our Boise offices" just doesn't have the cachet of that "New York offices" line!

Neat blast from the past! Thanks for posting it!

Rosco

·
Registered
624 Posts
Paris Theodore was a master of deception. When he and I were talking about a joint venture back in 1982, he suggested we get a post office box in Langley Va. where all the orders would be sent.
Lou

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Dean, I'm glad you pulled that back up. I've seen the Seventrees designs that Ken Null took over, but not a complete Seventrees catalog.

I see Seventrees "Asp" pistols for sale every once in a while, at really dear prices. Would still like to have one, just as a piece of history.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I remember having that catalog and buying my first holster from Seventrees in 69. Was the Undercover Special for a 2.5" Model 66. It was SO very hip.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hey Tony, thanks for taking the time to share this with us. It was very interesting.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thank-you for the history nice!!!:D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
This brings back memories of the seventies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts