1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Severns custom 'Black' Hunter Tactical

Been making "Black" Series customized guns for some time now; mainly built up Dan Wesson and Baer pistols. Just for fun, here's an example built upon a Fusion Firearms 'Hunter Tactical' base. The goal was to make some modest mods to take a factory Fusion to a bit higher level, and build a piece that's hardened inside and out, tightened up a bit, and a bit more accurate to boot.

Mods incorporated:

•Hard-fit, oversize, Wilson-Nowlin ramped barrel with 45-degree, flush muzzle crown. Chambered in 45acp.
•Tool steel fire control group (no MIM!) featuring a Nastoff-style hammer, and 3.75# trigger pull.
•EGW tool steel, single-sided thumb safety.
•EGW gunsmith-fit thick-flange barrel bushing and long recoil spring plug.
•Modest dehorning treatment.
•Hard Hat treated, real Novak black iron rear sight. Love those Novaks...
•Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight of correct height to ensure POA=POI.
•Reliability Package.
•G-10 Grips.
•Hard Hat Treatment of entire weapon.

Barrel lower "feet" show shiny areas as evidence of precise fitting, via firm contact with slide stop pin.

Slide stop pin shown corresponding areas of contact with barrel lower feet.

This one not only looks all-business...it also shoots pretty well.

·
Premium Member
7,009 Posts
Vey innovative!
The split trigger guard and the recessed thumb safety are
two custom features I have not seen before.
Nice!

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Vey innovative!
The split trigger guard and the recessed thumb safety are
two custom features I have not seen before.
Nice!
Same here, I stared at the thumb safety so long I almost missed the recessed slide stop.
L.

·
Premium Member
14,423 Posts
The frame is simply thicker and the recess is required to use stock parts. The buggered up Remsport frame a member posted a while back was like that. Not really a custom feature. The trigger guard on the other hand is a different feature for sure. Wonder what was the motivation?

LOG

·
Premium Member
14,423 Posts
that's a Fusion thing.
Okay, that makes sense, sort of, but of what value? I don't see it catching on, and would be a point for, no thanks.

LOG

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nice to see something original no matter the motivation. Many companies just seem content to copy the work of custom 'smiths and are happy to present it as "their" idea.:rofl:

Sorry for the thread drift.
Dave, I bet that's a shooter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts