1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Severens.
My question was concerning break in of my CBOB before I send it off for treatment...does it need to be done?
Well apparently not sense things will be fitted anyway.
Severens sure seems to have their act together as I was very confident after our conversation.
Waiting for my LGS to get in my CBOB has tested my patience...I know, good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
IMO, you should not "have" to break it in before sending it to Dave. But why wouldn't you shoot it? And Dave would have the definitive answer by the way.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Dave used to be a Moderator on this very subforum. Trust when I say he knows DW's, and will not do you wrong.

And Hard Hat is bar none the best finish I have ever seen.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Dave used to be a Moderator on this very subforum. Trust when I say he knows DW's, and will not do you wrong.

And Hard Hat is bar none the best finish I have ever seen.
Absolute truth on both points.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like shooting it a bit first is probably a good idea. This way if I need to make any changes, the treatment will come afterwards.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Severns will tell you if there's anything that needs to be corrected, even before you shoot it. I highly recommend his Reliability Package. I've had him do it on a few guns of mine, never had a problem. I'm not even sure they had a problem to begin with (they were NIB) but it's money well spent to nip any potential problems in the bud. Key word is "potential", your DW is likely fine as-is.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You shouldn't regret sending it.

I had a non-treated Valor that I sent to him for Hard Hat and dehorning with more than a little anxiety as I had not heard of him except on this forum and because I had not seen (in person) any guns with the treatment. I sent the gun off and got it back about six weeks later. I cannot find flaw with anything that he did and the Hard Hard seems to be a better finish than any that I've had before. Seriously considering sending more guns for it.

One word of advice, though. If you want any work done on the gun make sure that it gets done prior to getting the Hard Hat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had Dave do his reliability package, the Hard Hat treatement, a short smooth trigger and his slide stop mod on my stainless vbob. I'm VERY pleased. I'm 500 rounds in on this sweetheart and I'll just say "You can't go wrong with Dave."

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One word of advice, though. If you want any work done on the gun make sure that it gets done prior to getting the Hard Hat.
This is exactly why I decided to put around 1000 rounds thru it before I send it off. Any changes will be done first. Maybe some MSH checkering if needed...won't know until I shoot it with sweaty hands. But then again I'm sure the treatment has better grip than polished stainless.

BTW...The pistol should be in this Tuesday but can't pick it up until the 7th :-(

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I purchased my Bobtailed Commander in 10MM directly from him with some mods and I'm glad I did. Worked 100% out of the box.:rock:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is going to be difficult.
I picked up the CBOB this afternoon. Detail stripped and lubed up. Ran the slide and dry fired quite a bit.
The finish and grips are very pleasing to my eyes. May not need any changes at all, we'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts