1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you like for your money?!

I've had a CDP for about a year now, but would seriously consider the Eclipse if I was buying today. However, the Shadow looks like the best value of the bunch. What do you folks think?!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is what Kimber e-mailed me. Hope this helps.
Michael

Ultra Shadow II

- .45 ACP, 3” bushingless barrel
- Limited Edition of 750
- Black steel side, black anodized aluminum frame
- Fixed Tritium night sights
- 30 LPI front strap checkering
- Three hole aluminum trigger
- Grey laminate grips
- Special serial number
- Silver grip safety, thumb safety and mainspring housing
- Suggested Retail Price: $949.00

Pro Shadow II

- .45 ACP, 4” bushingless barrel
- Limited Edition of 500
- Black steel side, black anodized aluminum frame
- Fixed Tritium night sights
- 30 LPI front strap checkering
- Three hole aluminum trigger
- Grey laminate grips
- Special serial number
- Silver grip safety, thumb safety and mainspring housing
- Suggested Retail Price: $949.00

Kimber

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pic, chadth.

Shadow and CDP frames are aluminum, while the Eclipse is steel. All have front strap checkering and night sights. CDP is stainless and black, while the Eclipse and Shadow are essentially black. Pick your poision!

I'd go with the new Shadow for its lighter weight and lower price versus the CDP. Only downside for CCW is lack of stainless finish for superior wear resistance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased my first Kimber yesterday and it was the Ultra Shadow LE II. I purchased it over the Ultra Stainless due to the white dotted sights and the front strap check. Once I figure out how to break it down, I will take it to the range.. But, I was looking at the CDP and the Ultra Stainless but walked away with the Shadow instead. My dealer had it for $815.00

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've had a CDP for some time now and have put about 2000 rounds through it. I love the gun and have never had a problem with it. Yesterday, I added an Ultra Eclipse II to my collection. If it shoots as good as it looks it will be a keeper. I'm in the same boat as you BigMc, I must figure out how to break it down before going to the range. I paid $935 for it and picked it over the Shadow and Ultra Stainless because I like the extras.

------------------
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."-- Benjamin Franklin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts