1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just wanted to share some pictures of some firearms I inherited from my grandfathers collection. I shared an Ithaca to the page and figured you all might appreciate seeing some other WW2 Firearms. Im very much a novice to the collecting world so any and all information on anything is appreciated very much. I sadly was not able to learn the history or stories behind these before my grandfather passed and I yet had discovered my love for WW2 Relics. Opinions on condition and value are welcome as well. Thank you all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Wow. Those are some nice guns. Sorry bout your grandfather passing but you’ve got something to remember him by.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The wood in that Garand is beautiful.

Make your own stories with your kids...

·
Registered
252 Posts
WOW !!! Your Grandfather must have been a awesome guy. Sorry for your loss but that is one heck of a collection.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Matt95,

Sorry for your loss, suburb collection of WWII firearms and veteran "bring backs" seems mags & holsters match the Luger & P-38 (etc.) The German 8mm sniper if that's the original/ and period scope worth quite a bit today. The M-1 carbine, any idea of manufacture? Those carbines are so much fun to shoot while ammo is expensive.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your grandfathers cherished collection

·
Administrator
73,089 Posts
Like I mentioned in another thread your grandfather was obviously a man with good tastes in firearms, and he knew to buy high-condition examples with excellent collector's potential. That's in contrast to a lot of people who've filled their safes full of cheap guns that ultimately are worthless come resale time. I'm glad your grandfather had someone to hand these down to, and not have to worry about someone selling them all off at a pawn shop or (gulp) turning them all in to the police to be destroyed.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts