1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I hope I’m around long enough to share my shooting enthusiasm with my Grandson. Did your Grand dad share any of his gun love and experiences with you Matt?
Joe

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing.

That is quite a nice collection.

That PPK is worth quite a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Condolences for your loss. Amazing inheritance and collection. I agree that Ithaca seems in very good condition, and the Colt while refinished is still a nice piece.

The Luger seems beautiful too and having the matching magazine holster and loading tool is priceless.

I also have a Zella-Mehlis PPK, made in 1939, but mine is a civilian one.

If you shoot it I recommend you carefully remove the one piece grip and store it, the plastic is quite brittle and known to crack easily, and is very difficult to replace. Ask me how I know.

It is also a surprisingly accurate gun given its size. This was shot at 25 meters

Lastly here is a table with manufacture date / serial numbers you might find useful

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing.

That is quite a nice collection.

That PPK is worth quite a lot of money.
I appreciate that sir, I’m curious to how much it actually is as gunbroker prices seem to differ a lot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Condolences for your loss. Amazing inheritance and collection. I agree that Ithaca seems in very good condition, and the Colt while refinished is still a nice piece.

The Luger seems beautiful too and having the matching magazine holster and loading tool is priceless.

I also have a Zella-Mehlis PPK, made in 1939, but mine is a civilian one.

If you shoot it I recommend you carefully remove the one piece grip and store it, the plastic is quite brittle and known to crack easily, and is very difficult to replace. Ask me how I know.

It is also a surprisingly accurate gun given its size. This was shot at 25 meters

Lastly here is a table with manufacture date / serial numbers you might find useful

He has a good eye for quality is what everyone seems to be saying, and thank you for that recommendation. I will probably only ever shoot her if I can get some replacement grips for her. Yours looks very nice though and that little thing is quite the good shooter! And Thank you for the SN table!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Excellent inheritance that you will treasure through the years. I would do some research on each item and this way you will learn and appreciate what you have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Excellent inheritance that you will treasure through the years. I would do some research on each item and this way you will learn and appreciate what you have.
Thank you Greek! Im doing as much research as I can and I’ve joined some different forums to learn from everyone on there as much as possible! I appreciate everyone’s knowledge

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It's heartening to hear such a fine collection is going to a good steward. Grandpa would be proud.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
It's heartening to hear such a fine collection is going to a good steward. Grandpa would be proud.
That means a lot sir, I like to think he’d be proud of me for tying to learn as much possible about them. They certainly are my prized possessions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Glad to see Grandpa didn’t sell it but passed it on. I’m faced with a similar situation. Diagnosed with Cancer and owning over 100 guns. I have twin sons and two Grandchildren. My dilemma is trying to figure out whom gets what without causing a dispute or hard feelings. My high dollar items will definitely go to who will keep it and not sell. My sporting rifles and common handguns will go to who I know has absolutely no interest in firearms and will sell.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Glad to see Grandpa didn’t sell it but passed it on. I’m faced with a similar situation. Diagnosed with Cancer and owning over 100 guns. I have twin sons and two Grandchildren. My dilemma is trying to figure out whom gets what without causing a dispute or hard feelings. My high dollar items will definitely go to who will keep it and not sell. My sporting rifles and common handguns will go to who I know has absolutely no interest in firearms and will sell.
Wow I’m so sorry to hear that sir, I hope your sons and grandsons cherish your guns. Sadly right after he passed most of his entire collection was sold at auction. Cloth, helmets, daggers swords etc. I’ll share some pictures of what sold. If the symbols of the third reich are not aloud or offend anyone I apologize in advance.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 77 Posts