1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every 3rd or 4th shell casing stays in slide.

Half of shells sticks out. Sometimes vertically, sometimes horizontally.
I put the gun together. Frame is Essex, slide and parts are Brazilian.
Help!

· Registered
193 Posts
First thing I'd look at is the extractor. Increase the tension. Does this happen at any particular place in a magazine load? Like, for example, on the last round? or is it anywhere? What do the ejected cases look like?

Edited to add: OK, I wasn't reading closely. Every third or 4th round. Still, I'd look first at the extractor tension.

· Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
st_albert said:
First thing I'd look at is the extractor. Increase the tension. Does this happen at any particular place in a magazine load? Like, for example, on the last round? or is it anywhere? What do the ejected cases look like?

Edited to add: OK, I wasn't reading closely. Every third or 4th round. Still, I'd look first at the extractor tension.
Thanks for responce.
I have replaced extractor. It did not help

· Registered
203 Posts
Replacing the extractor doesn't necessarily mean it's tuned correctly. You tune the extractor by bending the extractor slightly, to either increase tension or straightening, to decrease tension. With the barrel out of the slide, slide off the frame, slide a round up the breechface, under the extractor claw. The round should hang slightly nose down.

· Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my first thread here and my first built 1911. Problem was long commander ejector on full size frame. I cut off end of ejector, making it full size ejector, problem was solved!!!

Reactions: 1911_Bandit

· Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To Log man
So morons like you can say something. You picked right screen name, it fits you. :)

· Premium Member
15,653 Posts
Thank you for the thoughtful response. I apologize.

LOG

· Registered
3,230 Posts

Reactions: 1911_Bandit

· Banned
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To log man:
Can we edit our posts and pretend to be polite intelligent people? You first. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.