1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
Colt Ser 70, Colt M1911A1, Remington Rand M1911A1, Browning 1911-22, Springfield 1911 RO Compact
546 Posts
Stopped by customers. Shot? Bum rushed? Imagine if customers had been/more customers had been armed. Problem possibly solved faster. Or maybe not.
In most states (incl here in FL), it is against the law to carry concealed even with your license, where the primary business is the sale of alcoholic beverages.

· Administrator
80,269 Posts
Let's keep inappropriate comments out of this thread, guys. Any murder of innocent people is a tragedy no matter who did it or who they did it to.

· Registered
45 Posts
I left there about 10 years ago but at that time you could open carry in any place that served alcohol but could not consume alcohol.

· Administrator
80,269 Posts
By the way, I just read this about the suspect:

"Aldrich was arrested in a June 2021 bomb threat incident after the El Paso County Sheriff's Office was alerted that he was in possession of a homemade bomb, law enforcement officers briefed on the investigation told ABC News.

He was charged with two counts of felony menacing and three counts of first-degree kidnapping, but no explosives were found in his home, Colorado Springs radio station KRDO reported."

How much do you want to bet that the charges were either dropped or plea-bargained down to a misdemeanor, allowing him to later buy his guns legally?

· Registered
435 Posts

"Aldrich was arrested in a June 2021 bomb threat incident after the El Paso County Sheriff's Office was alerted that he was in possession of a homemade bomb, law enforcement officers briefed on the investigation told ABC News.

He was charged with two counts of felony menacing and three counts of first-degree kidnapping, but no explosives were found in his home, Colorado Springs radio station KRDO reported."

How much do you want to bet that the charges were either dropped or plea-bargained down to a misdemeanor, allowing him to later buy his guns legally?
Holy ****, thats crazy. I mean, I understand the whole "he was kind of weird" thing, and that CANNOT be used to retroactively second guess gun ownership/possession. However, this kind of history is really disturbing

I almost guarantee it was pled/pleaded (im not a lawyer) down.
The Philly DA dropped 50% OF ALL GUN CHARGES last year!!

People keep screaming for more gun laws/restrictions, when they dont even prosecute the ones on the books

· Registered
435 Posts
I think 5 were shot and killed. I think the 18 others were injured just trying to get the hell out of there
Im not trying to downplay the horror of the event

Semi-political, but the left media will run with this, without ever mentioning how many are shot and killed every weekend just in Chicago. 5 shot would be a historic low for a given weekend in Chicago

· Registered
6,824 Posts

Well if he passed a NICS check and bought the gun thru proper channels you would be correct.

· Registered
7,631 Posts
In a situation like this a good guy with a gun would do some serious collateral damage, no matter how good he was.
Remember the church shooter that was taken down in Tx with a single shot to the dome, from 20 yds, in a crowded sanctuary?

Odds may not be great but it happens. And lets assume the worst... a good guy misses and hits a bystander and then hits the bad guy... he might hit an innocent but may save 10 others in the process. No one likes to discuss that reality but if you save lives with a gun, there is always a risk.

I have thought through this many times with regard to schools. I'd rather an armed guard be in my kids school, even knowing that my kid could be hit by the good guy in the scramble. The odds favor the kids/innocents when a good guy with a gun is present to confront evil.

· Administrator
80,269 Posts
People have always had the propensity to do evil things. Hopes, prayers, marches, speeches, and even laws will never change that. The only solution is to be able to defend yourself wherever or whenever you're preyed upon by those wishing harm on you.

· Registered
95 Posts
Remember the church shooter that was taken down in Tx with a single shot to the dome, from 20 yds, in a crowded sanctuary?

Odds may not be great but it happens. And lets assume the worst... a good guy misses and hits a bystander and then hits the bad guy... he might hit an innocent but may save 10 others in the process. No one likes to discuss that reality but if you save lives with a gun, there is always a risk.

I have thought through this many times with regard to schools. I'd rather an armed guard be in my kids school, even knowing that my kid could be hit by the good guy in the scramble. The odds favor the kids/innocents when a good guy with a gun is present to confront evil.
Except that algebra would never happen after something like this. Heaven help the good guy who shoots an innocent bystander, even if he eventually takes down a shooter and saves other lives.

· Registered
361 Posts

It sounds as though the local DA dropped the ball on this one, see below link. Which begs the question, why enact additional laws when the reality is that the responsible authorities don't bother enforcing the existing laws?

· Premium Member
485 Posts
People have always had the propensity to do evil things. Hopes, prayers, marches, speeches, and even laws will never change that. The only solution is to be able to defend yourself wherever or whenever you're preyed upon by those wishing harm on you.
The exact reason arming yourself is an inalienable right. You might need a pistol for a small group of thugs. A select fire for bigger groups or 155’s, Abram’s and F-35’s for thugs like Putin.

· Registered
7,631 Posts
Except that algebra would never happen after something like this. Heaven help the good guy who shoots an innocent bystander, even if he eventually takes down a shooter and saves other lives.
Oh I know it would be an absolute poopstorm. but as a parent, I think about this with each and every shooting. It's an ugly truth... but it's much less ugly than letting a shooter go uncontested until he runs out of ammo.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts