1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate knowing people's opinions on gloves. I'd like something that has a thin enough trigger finger to allow shooting. If they have puncture- and slash-resistance, so much the better. Anyone have experience with a durable, quality glove? Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm sorry I can't be much help. I've never needed anything that fancy but I picked up a pair of S&W NRA fingerless shooting gloves off of Amazon for like $15. I have short stubby fingers and these have just enough padding without interfering with me reaching the trigger. Amazon has a very good selection. For cold weather (it don't get real cold here) I like the Whitewater HWRB-15. Warm and dry but with a thin trigger finger. It's similar to this but with leather trigger fingers on both hands. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Personally, I want my hands toughened up to whatever degree I might need. If you always use shooting gloves on the range, you will not have a realistic idea of the feel in the event you'll actually need to shoot "in the raw", and they even may affect your automatic shooting grip.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I shoot both with and without gloves. Weather permitting I use a very thin pair of leather. Warmer weather I use a pair of fingerless bicycle riding gloves. Just right on the padding for these old hands with Arther dwelling in every joint. They come fairly cheap too.Then, sometimes, nothing. Ren

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use football receivers gloves. They aren't slash or puncture proof but will hold up well for as thin as they are. They also have a rubber coating that makes for a great grip.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a pair of Hellstorm Nomex fight gloves that are great and a pair of Hatch Operator/CQB gloves with goat skin palms that are fantastic.

If you're going to wear gloves, practice with them often. There is a different feel to the gun with them on.

PS both gloves allow you to cut off the trigger finger without gloves coming apart.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. I wasn't aware of those options. As far as my intended use goes, I will use this as a general cold-weather glove, but if the worst happens and I have to shoot with the gloves on, I don't want them to impede me. Of course, that means practicing with whatever gloves I get. Again, thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
TS,
The only gloves I have been able to use successfully for shooting pistols are: Bob Allen Calfskin Gloves (UNinsulated), #92-0179 at Cabelas, $37.95. They aren't the warmest gloves out there but all other gloves that I tried were too thick for any real trigger feel and control. Have used my current pair for at least 10 years. They are about due for replacement.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really like the Hatch Elite Marksman. I buy them one size smaller then what it recommends.

I can load magazines with them on without a problem and were talking ruger MKII magazines :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts