1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm perplexed. I've recently started shooting about six inches low at 25 yards. It happens whether I have the arched or flat mainspring installed. I aim using the Navy Hold in the Weaver stance and shooting 230 ball. I'm shooting nice groups, but they are just low. I had another guy at the range shoot the gun and he shot dead-on at the same distance. This only happens with this gun. I shoot my Sig 226 and my Glock 17 perfectly. Am I flinching downward? Please help.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Are you shooting low from a sandbag or rest, or offhand?

If your groups are on from a rest, and low offhand, then I would guess you are flinching/jerking/milking, etc.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you're low and slightly to the left...its a trigger jerk problem or a trigger mashing problem. There's a good book called Freedom From Trigger Jerk (that apparently is out of press now) that discusses this problem and how to correct it.

Well worth the reading!

It could also be a flinching problem...you could test that by having someone either load a round or not and let you fire to see the results...or do it yourself by loading up some dummy rounds. Also, if you've changed your hearing protection recently, your mind may be reacting to higher noise level and "compensating" for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
shooting 6' low at 25 yds

I Sent My Sa Operator Back To Springfield And Lexi Told Me It Would Be About 2 Weeks Turnaround. She Was Not Very Friendly And Told Me That They Had A Bunch Of Guns To Test Fire Today. She Said, "call Back In 2 Weeks And You Won't Have To Worry About Your Gun Anymore!"

·
Banned
2,827 Posts
shane45-1911 said:
Are you shooting low from a sandbag or rest, or offhand?

If your groups are on from a rest, and low offhand, then I would guess you are flinching/jerking/milking, etc.
Thats the exact same thing I was told down in the SA area.....until I had a JPG of a target I shot...with 5 shots from my SA....and 5 from a brand new Kimber I had bought...ONE HOUR BEFORE I SHOT IT...with 4 out of 5 in that group DEAD CENTER. The 5 from the SA shows 4 and a flyer which grouped 4 inches low and 3 to the left. I then moved the rear sight to dead center of the slide ( which still puzzles me why it was there to start with)..and now Im just 4 inche LOW. But of course...it cant be the gun !!!! All my shots were from a rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts