1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CS model that at 25 yds seems to shot very low about 4-5". Other than filing the front sight is there anything I can do to it? I'm debating on whether to send it back to CD or fix it myself. The loads that I have shot are Magtech 230 gr. FMJ, Fed. 230 Hydrashock, and 3-D 185 gr JHP. The 3-D load seems to shoot even lower. As I use this for CCW I would like it to shot at point of aim. I think that I'll probably should let CD have a go at it to fix it before I do anyhting to the pistol myself. Is there any help for me?

·
Registered
233 Posts
hi dodge, sorry to hear that you are having poor accuracy", with your CS. that is about average combat accuracy
i would find a stationary rest, and shoot the cs. and see what kind of groups i got?? and if it's still shooting low? i would just file the frointsight untill it hit's where i wanted too. ammo is a solution too,rearsigts is a option, but i would file the froint for the use of all ammo, you should be able to itleast average 3" groups at 25 yards even with a CS. I have the FS modle and my groups wernt as good as i liked,i installed a match barrel bushing and CMC rear sights,i couldnt ask for much better accuracy than i have now. without going to a match grade barrel and link. as long as i do my part,it hits it mark. keep us posted

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The groups seem to be okay 2-3" but it just shoots low. I haven't started to reload for it so I may wait until I do before I do anything to the pistol itself. By reloading I'm hoping to find a load that will shot closer to point of aim before I file on the front sight. I think that I'll be able to get to the range in the next few days and try it off a rest just to check how it groups. All the shooting that I've done with it so far is off hand. I don't have any problems with any of my other pistols so I'm pretty sure that it's not me making it shot low just the gun. I'm fairly new to the 1911 game so I was looking for some advice on what I should do and I thank you for that. I'll will give a report on how I make out from the rest before I do anything to the gun.

·
Registered
92 Posts
dodge - if you can get a tight measurement of that front site... maybe you can get a comparison with others here with the same model. Give you a chance to know a bit more.

Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts