1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done with 140 rounds and I figured out how to shoot a bit better.

1) Use the old glasses while standing upright with head stretched high so the sights are clear.
2) Remember to breathe
2) Center the front sight firmly with equal space or
3) Update sights to an old man's version. Help and suggestions welcome.

That still leaves the target in a bit a a background haze but the orange dot was there. The first two targets were a magazine each at the orange dots, the last target I only used the center for a target with five mags. All shot at seven yards. My shooting to the left was the first couple mags mostly. I focused on the center of the backsight more with the last three. It really seems like too much room.

Side note: Complimented on the grips from another shooter who wondered what I was blasting, my 10mm compared to his 45.

I'll appreciate any info on sights that would fit the PM7.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Pretty Good shooting there. I had fiber optic sights put on my Marksman.
And I like them alot.

As for the Grips, the person who saw your New grips did he ask you what COTEP stood for?

Clyde

·
Registered
610 Posts
Old man sights.....:biglaugh:

I think I need some of those.

You might try a target with just one bull. I find a large orange or red works pretty good, it gives some contrast to the sight picture.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I think I have an extra AT-4 laying around here somewhere. Maybe we could put some fiber optics on it for you.

You DO see the DW logo on there, right? :biglaugh:
Seriously, I've heard many good things about the fiber optic sights for people who have trouble with the more subdued sighting systems.
Good luck!
Sarge

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Sarge, I'm hearin' "Great White Buffalo" because of that post!:rock: That's a true "government" model right there.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Is that cool or what ???????????????????? That is the new shoulder mounted DW without the rear flash suppressor. Not sure on the caliber. :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts