1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you saw the news report, but we just yesterday had a shootout in Times Square, NYC.
It seems an undercover NYPD officer spotted a wanted felon hawking CD's on a street corner, Bway & 46th. st. When the officer challenged the felon, the felon pulled a Mac 10, 9mm out and took off shooting. The officer ducked for cover as soon as he saw the Mac 10 (smart) however, after just two shots the M10 jammed, the officer fired four shots from his Glock 9mm and dropped the felon. A good days work.:rock:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Article on Yahoo news also said his weapon was stolen from Virginia.

It was inferred that he was a back alley gun dealer or something.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
627 Posts
4 SHOTS!!!! I thought it was 2 then done :biglaugh:

All joking aside I hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion like some other shootings. And nice work by the Officer.

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Just goes to show how easy it is to get killed in a gunfight if your weapon jams. Thankfully it was the perp's weapon and not the officer's.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
They are already saying this was caused by too many guns on the street. They forgot to mention the wanted felon and stolen gun part.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,334 Posts
Of course, if the cop didn't have a gun, nobody would have been shot at all. Disarming police would almost certainly reduce the number of people who are shot each year. Of course, is "reducing the number of people shot" really a worthwhile goal?

·
Registered
14,940 Posts
Couldn't have happened in NYC! No such firearms allowed! :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
it seems to me that disarming the police would just decrease the number of criminals shot...

and we think thats good because?

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
I got a kick out of another forum, the thread title was something about the 9MM not being a "manstopper" but the police using a 9MM proving it is. No mention of the BG using a 9MM, ha,ha. I replied that a .25 ACP will stop most people with a head shot.

Stupid BG using a Mac10, I wonder if it was FA, more fuel for the "close the full auto firearms loophole!" argument. Of course if it was a semi version that part would escape the news people.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Glad to see the officer was not harmed nor were any bystanders, and one less pockmark on the gene pool to worry about.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
i thought NY was a no gun zone.

i bet it was a semi auto close bolt version of the MAC10 that jammed...i doubt it was an open bolt full auto.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Article on Yahoo news also said his weapon was stolen from Virginia.

It was inferred that he was a back alley gun dealer or something.

May God bless,
Dwight
Naw, he bought that Mac10 through the gun-show loophole program, it is a super-secret program to sell guns to career criminals.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
. I replied that a .25 ACP will stop most people with a head shot.
Something my family knows too well.A distant cousin(Clyde) and his neighbor had all kinds of trouble.One day Clyde was out baling hay and was shot off his tractor with a .25.Dude just walked up to tractor n popped him.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Just read where the head NYC bonehead, Mayor Bloomberg, is saying that NYC has too many guns causing too many problems and endangering the police. What he didn't say is that there are too many illegal guns in NYC. Anti-gunners really irritate the crap out of me.

Long live the NRA, USCCA, GOA, and all the rest of the pro-gun people and groups!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Drivel read on the net:

It was a "machine pistol"!

The mayor railed against gun violence on Friday, one day after a street peddler armed with a machine pistol died in a shootout with police outside a hotel in bustling Times Square.
Martinez (aka scumbag) associated with known gun dealers:confused:
But Martinez was no ordinary peddler, they said: He was carrying a loaded pistol and had a handful of business cards from gun dealers in his pockets

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Gotta love the typical "I'm the victim here" rant by the perp's mother:

"I want justice," said their mother, Ancela Martinez, outside the Midtown North station house.

"That was my beloved son," she said. "I want to know why the cop didn't shoot him in the leg or something."

Kelly said a preliminary investigation indicates the sergeant followed proper police procedure.

Also at the precinct house was Sharanda Martinez, who said she and Raymond had been married seven years. "All I know is that my son doesn't have a father," she said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...zEHsqss17OMFML9kM?aimforthehead#ixzz0ZR4sIsLk
Talk about stupidity passing down from generation to generation. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts