1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like a little more finger room on my National Match, and am thinking of replacing the factory trigger with a short model from King's or cutting back one of the EGW aluminium versions.

Has anyone done this?

Pictures?

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Wow, did not know the websight was still up for King's. Like I said, the company got broken up and sold. When I was in the shop itself last year the new owner had whatever parts had been physically in the store when he took it over. He had tried to buy everything but the asking price was too high.

The parts business, including the patents and such, stayed with the family. They listed parts BRIEFLY in Brownells but just once. Now who knows when/if they will be available again.

Also, I'm not aware of anything special about the trigger for a Gold Cup. I know they use a special sear setup but the actual trigger?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kid Ray,

Thanks for the photo, looks good!

To all that replied, Thanks as well! I'll give King's a call and see what is available........

The Gold Cup trigger is twice as wide than a standard 1911 trigger, so a normal trigger won't work.

As much as I like my National Match, I would have preferred that Colt retained the standard trigger.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
You might try AMT for a trigger, they used the same width trigger as the Gold Cup in their Hardballer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just called some parts are and some parts are not available.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Dlask triggers are awesome. I have them installed on both of my steel frame 1911s.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those Dlask triggers are interesting...any pictures of them installed on a Gold Cup?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
153: George at EGW makes a "blank" Gold Cup trigger. It's oversized for a nice fit. I use one on my gun. The blank allows you to cut to the length you want and shape the finger pad. Greg

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
...I'm not aware of anything special about the trigger for a Gold Cup. I know they use a special sear setup but the actual trigger?
The Gold Cup trigger is roughly twice as wide as a standard trigger. The old ones were steel with a slot to remove weight and give access to an overtravel adjustment. They were still very heavy, hence the need for the special sear with the extra parts. Colt more recently has been using King's or similar aluminum triggers on Gold Cups.

·
Registered
345 Posts
153, here's full shot of my GC with a kings short, still not sure if it is still available...

---
Ray

ETA: I was at work earlier and could not load a complete pic.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
The Gold Cup trigger is roughly twice as wide as a standard trigger. The old ones were steel with a slot to remove weight and give access to an overtravel adjustment. They were still very heavy, hence the need for the special sear with the extra parts. Colt more recently has been using King's or similar aluminum triggers on Gold Cups.
Thank you very much I learned something tonight. I remember the large vertical slot but thought it was just Colt's way of lightening the trigger, something other then the drilled holes.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I checked with Gun Acessories, the King short trigger is on their web site, but they have none of them in stock.....

Will call King's tomarrow..... looks like I might be cutting back an EGW trigger!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had several Gold Cups and ended up selling them all. What a doofus I was/am!! Wish I had another,but got no $$$$. Can I get an Amen?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts