1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologize for my newbiness but I'm still wading my way through all the 1911 options. I only want to HAVE TO buy one 1911. (WANT TO buy is another story:biglaugh:) My question is: does anyone besides Kimber make a 4" barrel with a shortened grip frame, like the Kimber Ultra Compact II? I tried Commander frames and fullsize frames and the size of the UC II really fit me well. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Let me also add that I need to keep it under $1,000 OTD.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Sure. Colt Officer's ACP for one, Rock Island Armory Compact .45 (what I carry), and I think Springfield EMP? I'm sure there's others too. Here's a photo of my Compact sitting on top of a full-size 1911, for a comparison.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You may also like the Para Ordnance CCW. I have one. 4.25" barrel with the same grip as a Colt Officer's model (3"). Can be had under $1000. But look at used ones for deals, got mine for $435 otd...

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,288 Posts
A 4" barrel with shortened frame would be the Colt CCO (4.25" barrel, actually). SIG makes a new one called, I think C3, and it might be a true 4", but I think it's also 4.25". Both of those are going to be right at the top of your price range. If you don't mind a 1/2" shorter barrel, the Colt OACP is widely available on the used gun market, and you could probably find a very nice one in the $600-$700 range. Para Ordnance might also make something in 4", but I'm not familiar with their models.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
I've had very good luck with my stainless Kimber Compact. 4" bull barrel and short grip. Here's a photo of it with my bobtailed Kimber Pro SLE with the same barrel. I find the bobtail easier to carry than the compact.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
There's also the Les Baer Stinger.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
You may also like the Para Ordnance CCW. I have one. 4.25" barrel with the same grip as a Colt Officer's model (3"). Can be had under $1000. But look at used ones for deals, got mine for $435 otd...
Thanks for mentioning the Para CCW. I'm pretty much a 1911 purist, but I got to handle a Para with an LDA trigger a few days ago and I have to admit I was impressed with the pull. Its worlds ahead of anything found in a Glock, XD, etc. Although not a 1911, IMO (and Para seems to agree) the CCW would make a nice carry gun. :rock:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Jump wing grips

I've had very good luck with my stainless Kimber Compact. 4" bull barrel and short grip. Here's a photo of it with my bobtailed Kimber Pro SLE with the same barrel. I find the bobtail easier to carry than the compact.
I like those grips, where can I get a pair with Master Blaster wings?

sfvet

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
www.gungrips.net

Give him a call, real nice guy! You'll probably have to send him the artwork or maybe just a photocopy of the wings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts