1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I has a Les Baer and need to put a short trigger in the gun.Also, I want about 1/2 lb. took off the trigger pull.A friend of mine said he could do this.Should I let him or send it to Les Bear? Thanks Ray

------------------
Ray

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Yes you can have a short trigger put in your gun. If you have a local smith I would recommend you have him do the work. I might add with good quality parts its not a problem to set a trigger as light as two pounds. This light of trigger should be reserved for a competition gun only.
Regards,Bob Hunter. www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Short, Medium, Long, or Extra Long... Narrow, Match, Wide... Smooth or Serrated, Solid, or Lightened... whatever you can imagine, whatever fits you best, you can have... That's the nice thing about the 1911's, they can be made to suit the individual.

I'd leave the trigger pull alone unless you or your friend really knows what they're doing, it's easy to screw up the leaf spring, and cause other problems, or an unsafe condition.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Some where in this forum is detailed instructions on how to fit a new trigger to a 1911. You can do a search for the thread.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Frank,will probably send it to Les Bear and let them do it.They said they would not charge alot to do it.Thanks all, Ray

------------------
Ray

·
Banned
802 Posts
Jim V;

I did a search for the thread that you mentioned on installing a trigger with no success. Would you be able to point me to it?

Thanks either way.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Seanmac45: Try INSTALLING A NEW TRIGGER in this forum. I re-wrote the instructions this AM. At least, how I install triggers.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 01-31-2001).]

·
Banned
802 Posts
Jim V;

I just read your new posting on the topic and wanted to say thank you. It's just what I was looking for.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Registered
555 Posts
There seems to be a myth about voiding the warranty of Les Baer guns if someone else works on them. The last time I talked to the Les Baer people, they said it was not true. You only void the warranty on the part that a smith works on--if it's the trigger itself, no big deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts